Goodell's new rule.... (1 Viewer)

Even if the NFL would find a way to protect itself from law suits it would not solve the bigger problem the league is facing. It's that parents might not allow their kids to play football if more studies come out that show how dangerous football is. There's a reason why Obama got asked if he would allow his son to play football if he had one and if players like Scott Fujita say they won't allow their kids to play the game (“If I had a son, f–k no I would never let him play football! And this is my journey my wife and I decided to take on. But I wouldn’t want that for one of my kids. No way in hell!”) you know how big the problem is.

I said: no need to keep changing the game until its unwatchable....

see those key words like: keep and until!?
That means if they continue to legislate the violence out of the game it will become unwatchable.. every year they are making the game less like the game I grew up playing and watching..

Oh sorry. Ok. which parts would be unwatchable?

I just dont understand why the NFL doesnt implement a contract when you enter the league that states you cant sue them unless as part of the nflpa. No individual can sue the league, most every company on earth has this policy in place.
Players know what they are signing up for, if they fear being hurt, they dont have to play.. simple as that, no need to keep changing the game until it is unwatchable.

Because it is the responsibility of the employer to make the work place as safe as possible under current OSHA laws. The employer cannot make a player sign a waiver waiving his constitutional rights to seek redress under civillaw.

The same league that makes Billions in profits each year....yes. It is their own damn fault they didnt cover their rear ends when they had the chance, but instead sold out for more profits.

Keep going down this road, i am going to switch to watching more manly sports like Soccer and Diving...at least i will get to see some sort of contact.

And I mean this in the nicest possible way: there goes a big part of the credence of your message IMO.

I don't mean to pick a fight. But tell us the idiotic rules you see being implemented.

Exactly.

People complain about all the rules to protect the QB, but we sure love the fact that Brees has started every single game for us since he's been here.

I don't mean to pick a fight. But tell us the idiotic rules you see being implemented.

1) cant even TOUCH a QB in the helmet or it's a penalty
2) no more Peel-back blocks
3) No lowering the helmet
4) cant hit "defenseless" receivers. I can see the point in this one but it's a gray area and makes it hard to be a defender.
i could go on but those are some off the top of my head

Exactly.

People complain about all the rules to protect the QB, but we sure love the fact that Brees has started every single game for us since he's been here.
Some people actually enjoyed watching Theisman's injury; over and over again. Maybe cage fighting could be a suitable alternative to those who feel the league is two hand touch-wimpball.

Exactly.

That's because he gets rid of the football so quickly. also he's pretty dang tough. i remember a defender launching his helmet into Brees' chin and knocking him back bout 10 yards. Drew got right back up

1) cant even TOUCH a QB in the helmet or it's a penalty
2) no more Peel-back blocks
3) No lowering the helmet
4) cant hit "defenseless" receivers. I can see the point in this one but it's a gray area and makes it hard to be a defender.
i could go on but those are some off the top of my head

Oh no....not peel-back blocks! Oh the humanity. This game is ruined I tell ya.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom