Goodell's new rule.... (2 Viewers)

They try to call those when they are intentional. Incidental touches are not the same as an open handed or close-fisted blow to the QB's head.

The other 3 examples you gave are good examples of ways to keep players safer and thereby on the field longer in their careers. I'm confident I'm not alone in considering those enhancements to the game. I think many players would feel the same. so long as the Refs try to administer the rules uniformly I see a benefit in those rules. I don't particularly care to see people seriously injured and those rules go a long way to preventing that.

Obviously
EB27942-nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

So make them sign a Waiver that says the NFL is not responsible for Post retirement cognitive disorders of any kind.

and that's that

Waivers are okay to protect the league to a certain point regarding lawsuits...but lawyers are slimy and work dillengently to circumvent the system to continue to sue league on the behalf of the players' interests

Waivers are okay to protect the league to a certain point regarding lawsuits...but lawyers are slimy and work dillengently to circumvent the system to continue to sue league on the behalf of the players' interests

Waivers are generally worthless in occupational health issues even when employees are aware of the dangers. There too many variables in the consideration of waivers. It depends on what employers know, what they could or should do to make the workplace safer, and if they are willing to expend the revenue to reach a standard of safety that mitigates known dangers and potential dangers.

Goodell has been at the forefront of making the sport viable for many years to come. The safety innovations, frugal CBA negotiations, and successful TV contracts have made the NFL the only sport that is always on the upswing, both in the product on the field, and the fan experience. The NBA, MLB and NHL would give anything to have half the success of the NFL.

Goodell should just remove the helmets and put them in dresses. I use to watch the nfl all Sunday and Monday night. Now I can barely watch a hole game becaused it changed. It's not the same. If players want to play in the NFL then u need to sign a contract that says u get payed millions and the reason u get paid that much is Bc u can get hurt and u can't take the nfl to court if U do.If u don't u can't play. If not then shut the NFL DOWN AND END IT. Nfl s#+€s

Why on people on here defending the specific peel back blocks that they now made illegal? It's basically just not allowing you to dive at someone's knees from behind / the side. So, you guys like seeing players have their knees blown out on a worthless play?

Why on people on here defending the specific peel back blocks that they now made illegal? It's basically just not allowing you to dive at someone's knees from behind / the side. So, you guys like seeing players have their knees blown out on a worthless play?

Well I was confused as to what a peel back block was. Thought it had something to do with, say, a QB becoming a potential tackler after throwing a pick, and being blown up by a block. Like Kurt Warner. Or in a different scenario, John Abraham by Devery Henderson

Is he really the really the worst commissioner ever? I mean he sucks for fans don't get me wrong, but he answers to the owners so realistically he is being the bad guy implementing every little thing that hurts the game/fans/players in favor of making/saving money for the owners while doing what... how many of you gave up your season tickets? ...other teams haven't felt the force of these decisions like us so unlikely other teams fans are leaving in droves. Most teams have waiting lists a mile long. Some have to pay for rights to buy their tickets! They can charge over $100 for a synthetic material jersey worth about $15 and don't even get started on other branded gear which usually means shoddy quality @ a 2000% mark up. They have leverage and they are using it to extract every cent possible. It's the same reason we have anti-monopoly laws in ever other sector. They may call him a commissioner, but he is not like a state gaming commissioner or other public commissions. This is simply a title for the highest executive employed by the NFL with the emphasis on executive. He's arguably the best NFL Commissioner ever. Only time will tell if these decisions have a long term negative impact, but right now he maximizing their profits at everyone else's expense. If he had shareholders to answer to instead of owners Wallstreet would be giving him awards.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom