Goodnight other moon (1 Viewer)

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
And so this is also happening:

This is going to sound preposterous, but I promise it’s true: Earth has another moon.

It is not the kind that will illuminate the night sky. It’s invisible to the naked eye and too tiny to do any classic moon moves, like tugging on the planet’s oceans. But it’s there, orbiting the Earth, accompanying us on our journey around the sun.

A pair of astronomers discovered the miniature moon on the night of February 15. It showed up in the nightly observations of the Catalina Sky Survey, a NASA-funded project in Arizona. The survey is designed to study asteroids and comets near Earth, the kind that could potentially menace the planet if they got too close. To Kacper Wierzchos and Teddy Pruyne, the mystery object appeared as a few pixels of light moving quickly across a dusky, fixed background.

Researchers at other observatories and amateur astronomers around the world raced to monitor the newcomer in the sky, collecting as much data as they could. When they calculated its orbit, they were baffled. The object wasn’t a newcomer at all. So far, their work suggests that the object has been moving around us, gravitationally bound to the Earth, for at least a year but probably closer to three. We’ve had a tiny new moon all this time, and we didn’t know about it.

More at https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2020/02/mini-moon-earth/607171/

Size of a compact car.
I just assumed there were a lot of chunks of junk and rock that were compact car size floating around the earth.

Is that Planet X finally showing up?

This is nothing.

With everything happening in the world lately, I'm waiting for Wormwood to come crashing down on us.

Where is David Robbins when we need him?

I may owe him an apology.

Size of a compact car.
I just assumed there were a lot of chunks of junk and rock that were compact car size floating around the earth.

Does it look like this?

maxresdefault.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom