goodwin agrees to contract (1 Viewer)

He may be our starting center. I thought he played well when Faine got hurt. In fact, I thought the Offensive Line played better with Goodwin at center.

I honestly think that Goodwin is a better AND cheaper option than Faine... the writing may be on the wall for Faine.

Yep, the OL got better run blocking push with the much larger Goodwin (Goodwin 318 lb, Faine 291 lb) next to Nesbit and Evans. I like Faine but he isn't a dominating presence at Center. In fact he was one of the weaker links when it came to run blocking.

Excellent re signing.......

Let Faine go and have Nesbit, Goodwin, and Alleman fight it out for the two starting spots in camp. Use that other $2 million they would have given Faine in free agency.

Goodwin and Nesbit. I really like that move by the front office. Quality depth.

I bet we started Faine to keep Goodwins growth under wraps and that he will be our starter at C this season.
Any coach who doesn't play the best 22 players every game should be fired.

Immediately.

I also agree that Goodwin outplayed Faine this past season. Not to say Faine played bad, but Goodwin is the long term answer.

Loomis was on with Bobby and Kenny and said he thought Faine would end up elsewhere b/c of the $ he is looking for.

I heard this morning on Sirius that Goodwin's deal was 3 years / $8.25m with $3m in signing bonus money.. Sounds like the type of deal you give to someone getting a shot at starting.. If it works out, great, you've got a center on the cheap.. If not, it's not that much money spent..

Any coach who doesn't play the best 22 players every game should be fired.

Immediately.

You can say and believe that but this organization has done it before and will do it again. I even go as far as to say that Delhomme was the same situation. The front offfice thought they were smarter then everyone else and Haslet knew his only chance to get Delhomme dack was to keep him out of the papers but the problem is that 31 teams are a lot smarter then others think.

You can say and believe that but this organization has done it before and will do it again. I even go as far as to say that Delhomme was the same situation. The front offfice thought they were smarter then everyone else and Haslet knew his only chance to get Delhomme dack was to keep him out of the papers but the problem is that 31 teams are a lot smarter then others think.
So they didn't play Jake to keep him under wraps? That's why they let him walk away a few months later without even offering him a contract?

Your logic makes no sense...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom