Goodwin poised to take over at center (1 Viewer)

I think we will be fine with J Goodwin as starter. He played well agains that Jxnville D-Line last year.
I am not even sure if Lehr makes the team with his steroid issue....

I think we will be fine with J Goodwin as starter. He played well agains that Jxnville D-Line last year.
I am not even sure if Lehr makes the team with his steroid issue....

you are wright i just dont see the saints keeping a player that is involved in a steroids ring!

A good read....I was impressed when he started last year. I think he played better than Faine actually.

Goodwin should be happy. The last 2 guys that were consistent starters at center for the Saints went on to become amongst the highest paid centers in the league.

This makes for a good O-line:

Jonathan Goodwin said:
"It was difficult (being a backup)," Goodwin said. "But the O-line down here is pretty tight. Those guys helped me get through it, and we're all pretty close friends. But it was tough watching those guys go out there and battle. I knew if I kept working, one day I'd get the chance."

what's the latest with the lehr/steroids thing?

Goodwin was a million times better at catching the defense offsides. Everytime someone jumped he hiked the ball. Drew was really smart about all of them too - if receivers took off he'd take a chance. Otherwise he'd just take a knee and we'd get an easy 5 yards. This is something Faine never did which annoyed me. I'm really looking forward to Goodwin at center.

what's the latest with the lehr/steroids thing?

Probably still under investigation....

But his agent said "there is nothing to this, and charges should be dropped"....from when the story recently broke. We shall see.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom