Google Pixel (1 Viewer)

I've noticed that I do not get the same level of service with Google Fi as I did with AT&T. I hit a lot more dead spots in my area than I ever did before. Places that I would have 4 bars, are now 2 bars, etc etc. However, based on my usage, the switch was a good move even with the difference in coverage.
I got a 3-month trial with them. Coverage is average to below out here in north BR, but the signal sucks out here for AT&T (current carrier) as well, so I'm not holding that against them. I'll get a good bead on things when I head into NOLA this weekend.

I swear I come in peace.

Hi. I have a Pixel 5a and I love this phone. I got completely away from iPhones and started buying these Pixel phones and I'll never go back. The battery and camera steal the show.

I swear I come in peace.

Hi. I have a Pixel 5a and I love this phone. I got completely away from iPhones and started buying these Pixel phones and I'll never go back. The battery and camera steal the show.

excellent choice :D
I'll give apple credit for one thing: they keep their older devices updated for much longer compared to most companies that sell android devices. Like with motorola, you might be lucky getting one major os update before they move on. I think samsung's higher end phones are kept updated for 4 years. Hopefully the rumor is true about the pixels getting 5 years of updates.

excellent choice :D
I'll give apple credit for one thing: they keep their older devices updated for much longer compared to most companies that sell android devices. Like with motorola, you might be lucky getting one major os update before they move on. I think samsung's higher end phones are kept updated for 4 years. Hopefully the rumor is true about the pixels getting 5 years of updates.
Yeah that's the one thing about Apple that I liked. I have an iPad Air 2 and it stays updating so I'll take it. I saw that rumor about the Pixel 6 getting 5 years of updates. That's awesome. I think the Pixel Series will be my go to from now on. I'm trying to convert my wife back to Android but she won't budge :ROFLMAO:

I swear I come in peace.

I'm loving the 5a as well. The battery is awesome. I'm going to test the camera out this weekend.

Question though. In the screenshot, which signal is the 5G, the first or the second? First time using dual Sim cards.

I'm loving the 5a as well. The battery is awesome. I'm going to test the camera out this weekend.

Question though. In the screenshot, which signal is the 5G, the first or the second? First time using dual Sim cards.
Not completely sure to be honest. I didn't take advantage of the free Google Fi trial so I'm only using one signal source.

If I'm assuming correctly, you can only use one source at a time so if that's correct thinking, I would say whatever you see is only using one. Granted I could be dead wrong.

so with today's pixel event by google, it seems like most of the rumors were true:
starting price of $599
5 years of updates
and the pixel pass bundle thing

The company has introduced a Pixel Pass subscription that includes a Pixel 6 or 6 Pro phone (with an upgrade in two years), an extended warranty, 200GB of Google One storage, Google Play Pass, YouTube Premium and YouTube Music Premium.

so with today's pixel event by google, it seems like most of the rumors were true:
starting price of $599
5 years of updates
and the pixel pass bundle thing

The company has introduced a Pixel Pass subscription that includes a Pixel 6 or 6 Pro phone (with an upgrade in two years), an extended warranty, 200GB of Google One storage, Google Play Pass, YouTube Premium and YouTube Music Premium.

Damn. They are making that sound real nice.

little more info about the pass thing

(I tried to figure out the monthly cost of these separately)

Google Play Pass $30/yr
Google One storage 200Gb plan $30/yr
YouTube Premium/ Music Premium $12/mo

not sure how much the Preferred Care coverage costs per year

little more info about the pass thing

(I tried to figure out the monthly cost of these separately)

Google Play Pass $30/yr
Google One storage 200Gb plan $30/yr
YouTube Premium/ Music Premium $12/mo

not sure how much the Preferred Care coverage costs per year
It's $9 per month or $199 for 2 years.

I'm having buyer's remorse because I didn't go with the pass thing. I already subscribe to YouTube and I paid for the 2 year plan. The difference wouldn't have been much.

If you have a Pixel 4, you can also get up to $175 off of the 6 or 6 Pro. Sucks because I only got $105 off when I traded for this 5a. All good though

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom