Google Pixel (1 Viewer)

A few more thoughts. Other than the fingerprint scanner, the phone is pretty awesome. It's growing on me, a lot. I used it at a wedding over the weekend and the photos were great. The magic eraser function is incredible. Assuming the fingerprint scan gets better over time and with a new screen protector, I'm now second guessing whether I should have splurged for the pro version. I'm not a big fan of curved screens but the extra cameras....hmmm.

I wanted to clarify one thing after a little experiment. I removed the $50 non Google approved screen protector and reprogrammed the finger print sensor. It instantly fixed the issues I had. So I bought a google approved unit and we will see. I'll have to try to return this other $50 non working model.

I see they released an update

According to some Reddit users, the update makes the scanner more consistent with fewer failures, particularly if you're using a screen protector. However, it's still slower than some models with similar under-screen fingerprint sensors like the Galaxy S21 Ultra, according to several of those owners.

I see they released an update

According to some Reddit users, the update makes the scanner more consistent with fewer failures, particularly if you're using a screen protector. However, it's still slower than some models with similar under-screen fingerprint sensors like the Galaxy S21 Ultra, according to several of those owners.

After installing a zagg protector which is approved by google, the performance is great increased. The $50 unit from the verizon store absolutely broke the feature.

I'm getting to like the phone. The vibe is very similar to my pixel 2.

I needed a bottle shot for a customer today. I took the bottle to our marketing department since they have a photo setup with lighting and backdrop. I used the pixel for the shot and I think it came out pretty great.

PW8gGCAk_iwX8gmkJ1I9EBC7l-2MwvbejPROOUu2gtR1i21WaOaw7s9rSHBfhDex6MSgSnqLUP2JwhfAeoP1Y1bJ16oKKmsQdeKfehvsVyPK_zks4Dqa34IKnHrmdy5FKOtde1ZA3XMMYZVmpYAuZga9faShEMl840fH0VyGl7Qv2jEXM3CKleY5Ksw_l0OfPGCkhdfqaN8wiN2J-aCP_8SjJ0oKi5cnUnWBNTBp2X3pOw70nnLhiloX7Ni8iAb359CHOoeiiAoHF0xW4GGE9yF3B6N3_bhXIWc61VrU_lx0Lc30H1Do-bfpmRyjQkeTiKXqhbeQKWA-P9ilHK9XRqQc1TvqF1wU_IdhRUxI0kkzEQxACUSQH-XOJs_eWUfQHlov3Cq_Z5tes5Buk7CA56Oks0oxf3_kHbIUYaiyX8Dv4vlr_HQ5Kp7RGLquoaAf0nur2ongUEkPM14RxsKpjknAQsdaz09P6ee114URfxSJ_37zgJcOawMlBh5dPiaqhxEvV31RCNk1kyni4Er5Q1gSqsvdhUOiao2xLSX2wil7P0PZfVRH5-BMHIB51YIWFvJ5JD3jHda74wzVZ-ZvA2QjbvtiriW3kPrELNU1ju7niV9fJGR59ZRd-ZuvhH721wyaVLDyN8vVtkQBnaVT_0xXwPq5Jwk6XLDcgnPcgd7ixbVE-H7wXaVgybrYY_vT6C1VvHLOw_8WSTWp6w=w759-h1007-no

Funny you're all here again talking phones. :hihi: Years ago you steered me in the right direction, so I'm hoping to get more good advice.

I need a barely-above dumb phone. No accounts or apps or bloatware or games, etc. Occasionally need Internet access. Must be durable. Verizon this time. If I could keep my Moto X Pure I would. It's basically new. 😿

Well this game has been whatever but...the dome 5g. Whoa

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211125-195651.png
    Screenshot_20211125-195651.png
    524.5 KB · Views: 2
Funny you're all here again talking phones. :hihi: Years ago you steered me in the right direction, so I'm hoping to get more good advice.

I need a barely-above dumb phone. No accounts or apps or bloatware or games, etc. Occasionally need Internet access. Must be durable. Verizon this time. If I could keep my Moto X Pure I would. It's basically new. 😿

I don't think such a thing exists. I can't think of anything that is more than a basic dumb phone but less than a smart phone

Going by the philosophy of the Moto X Pure, I'd say something like the Pixel 5a would be a great replacement. It's a google phone so your Android software is completely stock. You'll receive frequent updates and the phone will be supported for years. It's something of a bare bones and affordable phone but the camera and software are the same as the last general pixel phones. So it's by no means second rate. You should be able to grab it for less that $400 and I think it will give you the same sort of experience as the X.

I haven't tried it yet, but I wonder if the latest update fixes with recording in 4k.

I traded in the 5a for the 6. Love the phone but with Pixel in the name, I really, really want more camera options. Don't get me wrong, it takes amazing photos but I recall numerous options on my old Samsung phones

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom