Google Pixel (1 Viewer)

I finally decided to get the Pixel, I got the Pixel 6. So far I am pleased. I switched from Motorolla that i have been using the last 3 phones (G and Stylus). I do notice it seems there is always an update, so i guess thats a good thing. The one i miss is turning on the flashlight by making the chopping motion, that was very convienent with the Moto.

Funny you're all here again talking phones. :hihi: Years ago you steered me in the right direction, so I'm hoping to get more good advice.

I need a barely-above dumb phone. No accounts or apps or bloatware or games, etc. Occasionally need Internet access. Must be durable. Verizon this time. If I could keep my Moto X Pure I would. It's basically new. 😿
Ha! Not this time, ATT. :hihi: I switched phone companies and my old phone works just fine! I know it won't forever, but for now, I'm good. :) Thanks for the info on the Pixel.

same processor as the flagship pixel 6 and 6 pro, but has weaker camera.
unfortunately the headphone jack has been eliminated

Phones eliminating the headphone jack will eventually be the norm. as cheap as bluetooth ones are getting, i don't think it matters. I can't think of too many pros of sticking with the jack.

Phones eliminating the headphone jack will eventually be the norm. as cheap as bluetooth ones are getting, i don't think it matters. I can't think of too many pros of sticking with the jack.

before the 6a, all the previous "a" models had one. Also, using existing wired headphones w/o a dongle would be a pro to me.

pixel 7 and 7 pro teased

Pixels could be the perfect phone for me if they could just fix the damn camera overheating bug.

I don't use my camera all that much, so I guess I hadn't noticed it yet..
It happens when recording a video in 4K. After about 30 seconds or so you get a warning message that the camera is overheating, even though it's not.

Yes. I'll never give it up.
I'm really trying to decide if I move from the 5a to the 6 or just wait for the 7. I love the 5a, but I'm hearing the camera on the 6 is phenomenal.

I'm really trying to decide if I move from the 5a to the 6 or just wait for the 7. I love the 5a, but I'm hearing the camera on the 6 is phenomenal.
That's a tough call. I was being tongue in cheek with the Rick astley reference. The 7 will likely have the same camera software as the 6. I went from the 4a to the 6 and it was a big upgrade on nearly every account.

That's a tough call. I was being tongue in cheek with the Rick astley reference. The 7 will likely have the same camera software as the 6. I went from the 4a to the 6 and it was a big upgrade on nearly every account.
I made a similar jump from the 3 to 5a. The Pixel is very underrated in my opinion.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom