Google Pixel (1 Viewer)

I'm currently car camping with the family in hill country outside of Fredericksburg, Tx. I woke up and was going to try to take a sky shot with my mirror less. Alas, it's been a while since I used it and there was no memory card installed. Rather than wake the tent looking around for one, I used the pixel for a star shot. The results aren't bad.

PXL_20220526_070817951.NIGHT.jpg

I'm currently car camping with the family in hill country outside of Fredericksburg, Tx. I woke up and was going to try to take a sky shot with my mirror less. Alas, it's been a while since I used it and there was no memory card installed. Rather than wake the tent looking around for one, I used the pixel for a star shot. The results aren't bad.

PXL_20220526_070817951.NIGHT.jpg
That's awesome. Any special settings?

That's awesome. Any special settings?
Just set it to night mode and prop it on something pointing on the sky. If it detects the sky while being still, it will switch the night sky mode which allows for up to a 4 minute AI controlled exposure. It's pretty ridiculous. I'm still out in the tent with little connection. When I get back I'll share. But it will also detect shooting stars and make little one second videos for you to view them.

I'm really trying to decide if I move from the 5a to the 6 or just wait for the 7. I love the 5a, but I'm hearing the camera on the 6 is phenomenal.

My personal philosophy when it comes to tech is to skip at least a generation between upgrades. Pixel 7 is probably 4-ish months away, if going by previous sale history. Pixel 4, 5, 6 were all in October

My personal philosophy when it comes to tech is to skip at least a generation between upgrades. Pixel 7 is probably 4-ish months away, if going by previous sale history. Pixel 4, 5, 6 were all in October
It's already been leaked so that would seem to be correct. It looks to be an incremental update to the 6.

I check every week about the new noise cancelling pixel buds. I have the pixel a series but they don't do noise cancelling. It doesn't stop my ears from ringing but my Sony headphones are as close to silence as I have had in decades. It'll be nice to have a portable version if it works.

I check every week about the new noise cancelling pixel buds. I have the pixel a series but they don't do noise cancelling. It doesn't stop my ears from ringing but my Sony headphones are as close to silence as I have had in decades. It'll be nice to have a portable version if it works.
i have the 1st and 2nd gen buds and the 2nd are pretty good, but when the 1st gen actually stayed paired, i preferred the sound. did not know there is a noise cancelling version..

reviews are out for the 6a, this site does a pretty good job of giving all the pros and cons, and compares the 6a to other similarly-priced offerings from other companies:

Google is doing a pre-order special for the 6a: Up to $300 Trade-In Credit on select devices + free Google Pixel Buds A-Series Wireless Earbuds
https://store.google.com/us/config/pixel_6a?hl=en-US
order must be placed by no later than July 27, 2022 at 11:59pm PT

edit: article about it

(alternatively)
If you have Google Fi service, there is a subscription offer for the 6a for $10/month (or $15/month if you want to include device protection). After 24 months the device is paid off and/or you can upgrade to whatever pixel is out at the time: https://fi.google.com/about/phone-subscription?pli=1

You also get the free series-a buds

Last edited:
google can fork off with the stupid "enhancements" to chrome.

to disable the "preview" cached site bs, disable this:
chrome://flags/#paint-preview-startup

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom