Googler-In-Chief Part II (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bush was speaking about the rumor of a draft getting started.

The rumor was based on some preliminaries being done by the Selective Service to deal with the possibility of females having to register, due to changes in federal Equal Opportunity requirements.

The rumor about the draft got started in the Social Security Administration's internet. Yes, they have their own.

It spread to the the Department of Defense internets. Yes, they have several.

It then spread to the World Wide Web, which most people now call "The Internet."

So, you see, the rumors did get started on "the internets," but civilians who are unaware of the government "internets" thought Bush misspoke.

He didn't. The rumor started on the SSA's internet, spread to the DoD's internets and from there to the World Wide Web A.K.A. the Internet.

Glad we could clear that up. :)

SAN FRANCISCO CHRONICLE
Googler in Chief?
October 24 2006

Forget Iraqi insurgents. Online insurgents are taking aim at George W. Bush.

Of course, President Bush gets Google bombed a lot, thanks to that vast left-wing conspiracy. In one well orchestrated prank, Web users entering the words "miserable failure" were directed to the official White House biography of the 43rd U.S. president. During the run-up to the Iraq war, a search of the infamous term "weapons of mass destruction" led to a page saying "Weapons of Mass Destruction cannot be displayed."

Now, the online community is having more fun at Bush's expense, linking to an excerpt of his interview with CNBC anchor Maria Bartiromo during which he plugged Google Earth in that inimitable down-home way that routinely subjects him to gigabytes of Internet ridicule of the Colbert roast variety.

Here's the transcript:

Bartiromo: I'm curious, have you ever googled anybody? Do you use Google?

Bush: Occasionally. One of the things I've used on the Google is to pull up maps. It's very interesting to see. I've forgot the name of the program. But you get the satellite, and you can, like, I kinda like to look at the ranch. It remind me of where I wanna be sometimes.

READ MORE

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/sfgate/detail?blogid=19&entry_id=10169

According to Merriam-Webster (probably a commie-pinko lib)

Main Entry: In·ter·net
Pronunciation: 'in-t&r-"net
Function: noun
: an electronic communications network that connects computer networks and organizational computer facilities around the world

They must have forgotten to include the plural form?
http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?va=Internet

Not only that, but take THIS:

President Bush visits Michigan
Updated: 10/26/2006 10:01:40 PM

Before coming to Michigan, Bush was in Des Moines, Iowa, at lunchtime. He helped raise $400,000 for the state Republican Party and congressional candidate Jeff Lamberti.

The president mistakenly referred to Lamberti as "Dave" throughout his speech.
:rofl: :loco: :crazy:

READ MORE

http://www.wzzm13.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=63889

Let's see, what do I believe......do I believe that the president misspoke, or that he's actually using the correct defense department nomenclature?

Based on what I know about this president's past butchering of the English language I'll take "the president misspoke" for a thousand, Alex.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom