Got a feeling Saints are working on something big (1 Viewer)

Soybomb

All-Pro
Reaction score
...like Revis, or Reed.

Way too quiet on Airline for a Coach and GM that have some unfinished business with the league.

This team needs the Sharper factor. That guy on D that everybody else feeds off of, not to mention the sorely needed playmaker.

Question is who do the Jets get from the Saints personnel wise if it's Revis?

SaintsJunkie

BREES HOF
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I picture Big Rob standing on a table screaming "I want Asomugha", table about to break, Payton slaps him "come to your senses , I'm getting you what you need now, so I can draft all Offensive players in the draft" Table breaks :rant:

treeduck

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
There's something big Rob Ryan is working on over at Commander's Palace more likely...

OP
Soybomb

Soybomb

All-Pro
Reaction score
Pt, ivory, maybe. Only 2 players we could/would trade.
P Rob in the mix?

If the Saints could throw all that money at Kruger, a play for a major player is a possibility. I'm thinking Reed more than Revis, but the Jets just seem h3llbent on getting rid of Revis for some kind of value before he leaves later and they get nothing.

Bayareasaint

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Remember, if they keep Revis and he leaves in free agency, they'll still get a 3rd round compensatory pick. Not sure a second rounder and a role player would do it. Plus, I don't want us to trade for a one year rental with high contract demands. We just signed a corner, time to address other needs.

guillermo

Visible minority
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think that before the draft they will consider their efforts in young up-coming players like Keenan Lewis (Victor Butler, Brandon Myers?).

After the draft, they may pursue veterans, when the market has stabilized and going for the cheap.

The only exception I can see is Nnamdi, if he comes really cheap, for connections with Coach Ryan.

Reaction score
Hopefully they are trying to decide how to get a decent LT, SOLB, FS, AND SS. I am not asking for Revis...just something better than Brown, Hawthorne, Jenkins, and Harper. That could probably be done cheaply.

SaintRay

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Here's hoping Revis stays out of New Orleans. He is driven by one thing and one thing only...money. He hasn't honored a contract yet, and he isn't going to bring us anything but headaches after 1 season.

Nightshade

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
...like Revis, or Reed.

Way too quiet on Airline for a Coach and GM that have some unfinished business with the league.

This team needs the Sharper factor. That guy on D that everybody else feeds off of, not to mention the sorely needed playmaker.

Question is who do the Jets get from the Saints personnel wise if it's Revis?
The Jets want a 1st and conditional pick for Revis which will mean a 2014 5th that could go as high as a 3rd. Not to mention who ever trades for him will be on the hook for $6mil in salary plus two bonuses that are $1mil each on top of it.

The worst part is he is on the last year of his contract so you will either have to lock him up to around $10mil a year or hope you can resign him next year.

As far as a player trade the only ones on the Saints roster the Jets would even consider would be Brees or Graham.

Revis to New Orleans will not happen. The cost would cripple this team for 2-3 years

Ed reed isn't likely as Harper is cheaper to keep than cut and Jenkins really hasn't had a chance to learn considering we are on our 3rd secondary coach in three seasons but the good thing is Wes McGriff is a true teacher and should make a huge difference in our corners and safeties.

Professor

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
My choice for a new title to this thread:

I got a feeling posters on the forum are going to be disappointed.

And what makes anyone think the Saints "[threw] all that money at Kruger"? From what I understand, they had expressed interest and wanted to bring him in, but he signed with the Browns before coming to New Orleans. My guess is Kruger's agent called the Saints and told them what the deal with the Browns was, and the Saints bowed out because they didn't have cap money to burn the way the Browns did (and still do).

guillermo

Visible minority
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Me personally I think we sign a backup to Drew and we're done til the draft. Jimmy Graham gets his contract this Spring.
I don't even think that we will get the backup before the draft. Not many teams are looking for backups now, and actually, a player may get released after the draft. No rush....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Saints feeling the urgency to fix slow starts, despite big win: 'That's on all of us' Saints RSS News Feeds 0
DerrickB How would you feel if the Saints go 12-4 and have to play a 6-10 or 7-9 NFC East Team in the Playoffs? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 11
Now healthy, Saints DE Marcus Davenport eager to show off his 'new normal' Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints, New Orleans Mayor meet to discuss return of fans to Superdome for games Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints lobbied to fill Superdome at 35% capacity, with support from Ochsner, records show Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints designate Kiko Alonso, Ty Montgomery to return Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Teddy’s return the latest for former starting QBs facing Saints Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Dan in Lafayette Jared Cook Talks Offensive Rhythm, Shares Insight on the Saints Bye Week SR News Page Articles 0
Dan in Lafayette Marcus Davenport on Returning from Injury, Saints D-Line Performance through Week 6 SR News Page Articles 0
Dan in Lafayette Who has been the most underrated Saints player thus far? SR News Page Articles 0
OutlawSaint Question regarding Saints vs Panthers possibility of being postponed to Monday or Tuesday. Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 4
Dan in Lafayette Defensive end Marcus Davenport makes presence felt in season debut for New Orleans Saints SR News Page Articles 0
Dan in Lafayette Saints designate Kiko Alonso, Ty Montgomery to return from injuries SR News Page Articles 0
Walker: Trey Hendrickson's breakout season one of Saints' most pleasant surprises thus far Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints designate LB Kiko Alonso, RB Ty Montgomery for return Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints upcoming opponent Panthers working remotely following unconfirmed positive COVID-19 tests Saints RSS News Feeds 0
So_$@int Silly Saints Saints open up at -7.5 favorite Sunday 😬 Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 12
Saints' Michael Hodges navigating wild first season as linebackers coach Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Report: Panthers shut down facility ahead of Saints game after unconfirmed positive test Saints RSS News Feeds 0
DerrickB Marcus Davenport Trade Talk: Saints Wire Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 32
Saints Film Room: Breakdown of the 5 most important plays from Monday night Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Source: Saints still playing at Superdome for now Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Stats Uncovering Major Saints Offensive Flaw that could Kill the Season Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 64
5 things to watch for the Saints out of the bye Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Domeination Saints Saints-Panthers to be played in the Dome Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 27
Saints to play Panthers in Superdome this Sunday: report Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Carolina Panthers at New Orleans Saints: Key Matchups Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints will play at Superdome in Week Seven Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Dan in Lafayette Saints Rookie Class Expected to Make a Bigger Impact as Season Progresses SR News Page Articles 0
Dan in Lafayette Saints 1st Quarter + 1 Game Report Card (Offense, Special Teams, Coaches) SR News Page Articles 0
Dan in Lafayette NFC South Standings, Week 6: Saints slip to No. 2 during bye SR News Page Articles 0
DerrickB Article After the bye week, can the Saints get into Super Bowl contending mode? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 2
Gentilly504 I was wrong. Saints do have a chance to make the Super Bowl. Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 26
saintmike23 Saints If the Bucs lose today the Saints are in 3rd place Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 19
Week 6 Rooting Guide: Who to cheer for on the Saints’ bye week Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints fan confidence drops despite OT win over Chargers Saints RSS News Feeds 0
ktmoze Saints Rookie LB Zack Baun got Married Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 13
Dan in Lafayette Saints make interesting choices with their bye week free agent tryouts SR News Page Articles 0
Dan in Lafayette Saints mainstays Brees, Jordan, Morstead climbing higher in team record books SR News Page Articles 0
ktmoze 4 Things to Watch when the Saints Return from the Bye Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 9
Saints have wonderful opportunity this weekend Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 0
abnrgr Saints Tryouts Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 12
Every way you slice it, the Saints defense has been a red zone disaster through 5 weeks Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints' Marquez Callaway credits Alvin Kamara, Deonte Harris for helping him adjust to the NFL Saints RSS News Feeds 0
The cost of no Saints fans at games for Louisiana? $15M in lost tax revenue, team officials say Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Dan in Lafayette Saints Bye Comes Right on Time SR News Page Articles 0
Dan in Lafayette New Orleans mayor has no qualms about Saints playing at LSU SR News Page Articles 0
Dan in Lafayette Saints Owner Gayle Benson Stopped Attempted Carjacking SR News Page Articles 0
Dan in Lafayette The Saints Want their Fans Back! SR News Page Articles 0
Saints WR Michael Thomas says he'll be back next week for Panthers game Saints RSS News Feeds 0