Got a feeling Saints are working on something big (1 Viewer)

Me personally I think we sign a backup to Drew and we're done til the draft. Jimmy Graham gets his contract this Spring.

I don't even think that we will get the backup before the draft. Not many teams are looking for backups now, and actually, a player may get released after the draft. No rush....

I want James Harrison. If we could have one more Free Agent.. everything else we can get in the draft.

...like Revis,
Hmm so explain how you guys can take on his contract and afterwards still have rookies to sign in April?

And remember, Loomis did not write up contract for Revis. So its not like all the others that are set to make most of their money in the later years. This is a contract that another GM wrote out that you are taking on.

Just curious what your cap numbers would look like if you guys were to land Revis

I picture Big Rob standing on a table screaming "I want Asomugha", table about to break, Payton slaps him "come to your senses , I'm getting you what you need now, so I can draft all Offensive players in the draft" Table breaks :rant:

I never use my phone to chime in but this made me laugh out loud.

Hmm so explain how you guys can take on his contract and afterwards still have rookies to sign in April?

And remember, Loomis did not write up contract for Revis. So its not like all the others that are set to make most of their money in the later years. This is a contract that another GM wrote out that you are taking on.

Just curious what your cap numbers would look like if you guys were to land Revis

We dont want or need Revis. Too expensive, will cost at least one 1st round pick and more and will want huge contract in future. Hope the Bucs sign him.

The Saints are planning to remove the Sean Payton "Do Your Job" mural. Is this big enough?

...like Revis, or Reed.

Way too quiet on Airline for a Coach and GM that have some unfinished business with the league.

This team needs the Sharper factor. That guy on D that everybody else feeds off of, not to mention the sorely needed playmaker.

Question is who do the Jets get from the Saints personnel wise if it's Revis?

That feeling you have may just be gas.

Only thing i can see happening is trading Smith and/or Vilma for late draft picks since their salaries are more reasonable now. If that doesn't happen, we are s.o.l.

We dont want or need Revis. Too expensive, will cost at least one 1st round pick and more and will want huge contract in future. Hope the Bucs sign him.
Bucs will most likely get him but despite costing so much he is a good player-cant argue against that

I'd rather the Bucs didn't get him. They have so much cap space, they could survive his salary issues.

Get Butler
Get an OT who is 'capable' of starting
Get another DB/S
Get a back up NT

Then, draft BPA. Let everything else play out.

Nnamdi will be in black & Gold and be worth every penny we pay him. He will come even cheaper than when we wanted him before but was way to expensive. I think is now more willing to go somewhere and play his role for a well paid corner just not $ chaser like Revis. Nnamdi got best few times in Philly that were actual him and not miscommunication with an Oline coach as his DCoordinator. Nnamdi and Lewis is he best corners along with Greer and Prob we have ever seen us have.

I don't think we're interested in Revis... we got our guy in Lewis and I think we're going to roll with him, Pat Rob, Greer, and Mack at Corner.

If anything I think we'll work something out for Victor Butler, or Ed Reed on a 1 year deal possibly.

We gave the players already on the team for thus transition...anything else we add will be through the draft...we are in position to get an impact player on defense, we nay go after a Victor Butler type player...second tier free agent a guy who us up and coming, but other than that we target prospects in the draft to fill positions of need and want.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom