Got a feeling Saints are working on something big (1 Viewer)

Soybomb

All-Pro
Reaction score
...like Revis, or Reed.

Way too quiet on Airline for a Coach and GM that have some unfinished business with the league.

This team needs the Sharper factor. That guy on D that everybody else feeds off of, not to mention the sorely needed playmaker.

Question is who do the Jets get from the Saints personnel wise if it's Revis?

I picture Big Rob standing on a table screaming "I want Asomugha", table about to break, Payton slaps him "come to your senses , I'm getting you what you need now, so I can draft all Offensive players in the draft" Table breaks :rant:

There's something big Rob Ryan is working on over at Commander's Palace more likely...

Pt, ivory, maybe. Only 2 players we could/would trade.

P Rob in the mix?

If the Saints could throw all that money at Kruger, a play for a major player is a possibility. I'm thinking Reed more than Revis, but the Jets just seem h3llbent on getting rid of Revis for some kind of value before he leaves later and they get nothing.

Remember, if they keep Revis and he leaves in free agency, they'll still get a 3rd round compensatory pick. Not sure a second rounder and a role player would do it. Plus, I don't want us to trade for a one year rental with high contract demands. We just signed a corner, time to address other needs.

I think that before the draft they will consider their efforts in young up-coming players like Keenan Lewis (Victor Butler, Brandon Myers?).

After the draft, they may pursue veterans, when the market has stabilized and going for the cheap.

The only exception I can see is Nnamdi, if he comes really cheap, for connections with Coach Ryan.

Hopefully they are trying to decide how to get a decent LT, SOLB, FS, AND SS. I am not asking for Revis...just something better than Brown, Hawthorne, Jenkins, and Harper. That could probably be done cheaply.

Here's hoping Revis stays out of New Orleans. He is driven by one thing and one thing only...money. He hasn't honored a contract yet, and he isn't going to bring us anything but headaches after 1 season.

...like Revis, or Reed.

Way too quiet on Airline for a Coach and GM that have some unfinished business with the league.

This team needs the Sharper factor. That guy on D that everybody else feeds off of, not to mention the sorely needed playmaker.

Question is who do the Jets get from the Saints personnel wise if it's Revis?

The Jets want a 1st and conditional pick for Revis which will mean a 2014 5th that could go as high as a 3rd. Not to mention who ever trades for him will be on the hook for $6mil in salary plus two bonuses that are $1mil each on top of it.

The worst part is he is on the last year of his contract so you will either have to lock him up to around $10mil a year or hope you can resign him next year.

As far as a player trade the only ones on the Saints roster the Jets would even consider would be Brees or Graham.

Revis to New Orleans will not happen. The cost would cripple this team for 2-3 years

Ed reed isn't likely as Harper is cheaper to keep than cut and Jenkins really hasn't had a chance to learn considering we are on our 3rd secondary coach in three seasons but the good thing is Wes McGriff is a true teacher and should make a huge difference in our corners and safeties.

My choice for a new title to this thread:

I got a feeling posters on the forum are going to be disappointed.

And what makes anyone think the Saints "[threw] all that money at Kruger"? From what I understand, they had expressed interest and wanted to bring him in, but he signed with the Browns before coming to New Orleans. My guess is Kruger's agent called the Saints and told them what the deal with the Browns was, and the Saints bowed out because they didn't have cap money to burn the way the Browns did (and still do).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom