Got a Gamestop gift card (1 Viewer)

ChadC

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Any ideas as to what game I should get? I kinda want Condemed 2, but I feel like I could beat it in a day or 2 so it might be a rental.

yea you could pre-order GTA4. or you could just buy 1-3 cuz its the same damn boring game.

:smilielol: hahahahahaha

Wait, you're serious? :covri:

IMHO, GTA is about as far from boring as a game can possibly get. And no, 1 through 3 are nowhere near the same games when you seperate 1 and 2 from 3, Vice City and San Andreas. If you think they're boring, then that's your opinion, but they are not the same games.

And to reply to the OP, GTAIV would most certainly be the way to go. It's a month away, and while you'd have to wait a few weeks, GTA games are sure to provide you with dozens of hours of campaign gameplay, plus the added multiplayer should be sweet. Last I heard, there should be something like 16 multiplayer game types.

Well I have already pre ordered GTA, but I bought that Bully game. Should have got Assasins Creed or Condemned 2. Bully is ok, mainly got it cause I liked the concept and its made by Rockstar.

yea you could pre-order GTA4. or you could just buy 1-3 cuz its the same damn boring game.

Sacrilege! I don't know who you are, sir, but careful now; you're treading upon one of gaming's most holy of holies.

GTA 1 & 2 were both top down scrollers with low budget production values. Both games were poorly received by critics and gamers alike, and they are nothing like the groundbreaking 3D sandbox adventure that GTA 3 was. That game defined a genre and inspired myriad copycats that, to this day, have yet to leave the same indelible mark on video game history. Not only did this title define the sandbox-crime-sim genre, it was also the PS2's first real "killer app" and, moreso than any other title, solidified the PS2's dominance in its generation.

Those credentials don't usually belong to boring games. Games like GTA 3 and San Andreas don't put the Jack Thompsons of the world in business. They don't inspire fansites dedicated to the radio personality playing in the background of stolen cars, and even though not all of the press about the series has been positive, it has rarely attracted the label of "boring". Only the most jaded of gamers, or perhaps noobs without a sense of history or taste, would ever disrespect such a monument of gaming. A game doesn't become the best selling title over the lifespan of the dominant console in its generation (San Andreas) on controversy alone; there has to be a great game that people want to play to go with it.

In case you're wondering, I am fully aware of the irony in calling for you to revere a game that was all about irreverence. That's just how special and important GTA 3 was to the video game industry. The birth of a genre is like the birth of a panda in captivity. It's a rare and beautiful event, and even if you don't like pandas, you have to respect and admire its significance.

It's true that Vice City didn't really raise the bar over GTA 3, but it was still a decent game. Had San Andreas been more of the same, I'd be more skeptical about GTA 4. But San Andreas wasn't the same. It raised the bar again. It was a huge leap forward, not only in scale and scope, but also introducing roleplaying aspects to the game. That same RPG like customization and character development you see in GTA clones today.

I believe GTA 4 is going to be another one of those defining games. I believe Rockstar really wanted to raise the bar again, but had outgrown the technology. That's why you saw the ports and the smaller episodic "stories" titles. The technology just could not support their vision. Now it can, and I can hardly contain myself.

If you don't believe me, read up on the game. There's so much info out there on how Rockstar is innovating again with GTA IV. You'll learn how they are reinventing the series, and how this next title will, in no way, be "the same damn boring game".

4/29/08

Yes, I'm planning a week's worth of vaction starting immediately after launch.

to put it in simple terms, each GTA was better than the one before it.....i expect nothing less from rockstar......they know

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom