Got a WWL news flash. Jameis, it appears, Saints want him back next year. (1 Viewer)

Let me start by saying I am not a JW fan. However, he looked good in spot duty this year. He is not going to be the leader that Drew was, but certainly has the physical tools to be a starting quarterback. I was actually impressed watching him make reads and throw the ball with accuracy. He will allow Sean P. to run the same system and and may actually surprise some folks if he improved his decision making and cuts down on interceptions.

Taysom is still going to see the field like he did this year, Jameis will be taking the majority of the snaps next year....We can revisit this but that is where the smart money is at

I’m all for a QB competition. I expect next year to be a rebuild anyways.

Rebuild? Kind of hard to call it a Rebuild with AK and MT on the roster. Those guys have massive contracts. You usually rebuild when you have massive cap space, draft capital. We still APs on this team at their peaks.

Not being funny, if he’d be the backup who do you think will be the starter? Taysom?
Personally hope it’s Jameis starting next season.
I mean, Payton has said for years that Taysom is the future, so yea probably. But who really knows. I’ve tried to produce some faith in Jameis but I just can’t. I’d love for him to prove me wrong. But even in the extremely minimal playing time he’s received, he still manages to miss receivers by a quarter mile and/or get penalized for unsportsmanlike conduct. Has he really grown any? 🤷🏻‍♂️

I definitely can see more Taysom and Winston motion trickery and I do think they can complement each better than Taysom and Brees where it felt like the momentum comes crashing when Brees has to walk off for the plays to work. Defense knows what's coming. Winston can motion and it can adds a more intricate layer to our offense that's been missing.

I mean, Payton has said for years that Taysom is the future, so yea probably. But who really knows. I’ve tried to produce some faith in Jameis but I just can’t. I’d love for him to prove me wrong. But even in the extremely minimal playing time he’s received, he still manages to miss receivers by a quarter mile and/or get penalized for unsportsmanlike conduct. Has he really grown any? 🤷🏻‍♂️

And yet when asked a couple of weeks ago Sean said he feels like the next starter is on the team now, referring to him OR Taysom.

I do recall him saying a few times he feels Taysom is a starter in this league, but never that he’s definitely going to be the starter here. I don’t think he wants Jameis here if he thinks it’s Taysom’s job already, he can get a cheaper guy to be a backup, and he knows Winston is looking for a chance to compete for a starting job somewhere.

Hopefully this ends the Mac Jones talk and Saints drafting a QB in round 1.

Why would it? My whole premise of drafting a QB has nothing to do with Taysom or Jameis. It's about not having a sure thing and stacking options until you know.

And yet when asked a couple of weeks ago Sean said he feels like the next starter is on the team now, referring to him OR Taysom.

I do recall him saying a few times he feels Taysom is a starter in this league, but never that he’s definitely going to be the starter here. I don’t think he wants Jameis here if he thinks it’s Taysom’s job already, he can get a cheaper guy to be a backup, and he knows Winston is looking for a chance to compete for a starting job somewhere.

That’s what he said last year too...but....

Talk is cheap. Let’s see what happens if Drew retires and a better QB than Taysom is on the market.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom