Got a WWL news flash. Jameis, it appears, Saints want him back next year. (1 Viewer)

No, that was a rebuild, they had to eat those terrible contracts and rely on lower draft pick xks and UDFA to fill out the roster until they cleared those contracts (Byrd, Galette etc) and rebuilt through the draft like in 06 with guys like Lattimore, Ram, Williams, Kamara, Thomas, Hendrickson, Rankins, Onyemotta, Anzalone etc.
You meant to say, the 2016 and 2017 draft classes. You combined two draft years. And you also forgot Al-Quadin Muhammad, LB, Miami. He is a starter now for the Colts. The 2017 class, is the best ever class in Saints history. The 2017 class, every player drafted is essentially a starter and are a major starter.

Payton never says; REBUILD. Never. We can spin it anyway we want in our own eyes. But I agree with Payton, in that this team is always with talent to have a winning season. You are only looking to add more and better talent, to a winning organization.

A contract in the 15-20 mil/yr range would be hard to justify for a backup - if Jameis stays it will be because he will be the starter.

Did I say otherwise? If so, I must have missed it.

I simply said the Saints aren’t close to rebuilding and won’t be starting to do so next season

This is kind of a no brainer almost no story IMO. We already knew he has the passing talent if he can get the decision making down. We know that he bought in heavily to the learning under Drew and Sean. And there have been nothing but positive reviews about his work in practice. Plus now he knows our system. So to me there was never going to be a question about wanting him back. The question (as always for a Loomis team) is at what price? We will not get in a bidding war so if some team thinks they can make him their savior (or seat seller) then we would not pursue.

Not being funny, if he’d be the backup who do you think will be the starter? Taysom?
Personally hope it’s Jameis starting next season.

These same ppl who talk down on Jameis want CSP to give Taysom another 3-4 yrs to get it rite smdh Jameis is more than capable with the rite coaching & talent around him

And yet when asked a couple of weeks ago Sean said he feels like the next starter is on the team now, referring to him OR Taysom.

I do recall him saying a few times he feels Taysom is a starter in this league, but never that he’s definitely going to be the starter here. I don’t think he wants Jameis here if he thinks it’s Taysom’s job already, he can get a cheaper guy to be a backup, and he knows Winston is looking for a chance to compete for a starting job somewhere.
He’s said for years (since Taysom got here) that our next QB is on the team.

These same ppl who talk down on Jameis want CSP to give Taysom another 3-4 yrs to get it rite smdh Jameis is more than capable with the rite coaching & talent around him
Man, if Taysom just spends another three years in the system, he might be able to recognize coverage with no safety help over the top and actually throw the ball to his receiver instead of eating a sack or fumbling. /s

I am not 100% sure Payton believes this now, from what he has seen with Hill playing in real games.
Real games against terrible teams at that, but he wasn't the only player to lose the Eagles game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom