Got any almost trades or past trades too talk about? (1 Viewer)

Treybad

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Last monday, I put Jerricho Cotchery and Braylon Edwards on the trading block..

I made three trade offers, the first was Braylon Edwards for Jeremy Shockey, the second was Braylon Edwards for Vernon Davis and the third was a three player trade consisting of Braylon Edwards, Tashard Choice and Tim Hightower for Beanie wells, Marques Colston, and Chris Cooley.

In our league we can start 1-3, 2-2, 3-1 of rbs and wrs
First off, I am in dire need of a TE.. I currently have John Carlson and with Hasselbeck being hurt, I wanted to upgrade fast.. The first team had Brent Celek and Jeremey Shockey with both finishing up there byes.. basically this team had alot injuries on there team at wr and rb... figured they would jump on the oppurtunity for Edwards going to another team. The second trade was pretty much the same only this team had alot injuries at wr, which was the focus of this teams lineup basically starting 1 rb each week.
Third team was thin at RB, so I thought that Hightower, Choice and Edwards was equal for Colston, wells and cooley was just throw ins....

anyways, I was told no way for the first two and the third said no because I had Brees for a QB... Although, I think the main reason for everyones choice to not trade with me was because, last year I traded welker for Rodger in week 3 or 4 since Brady went down week 1 for us... Ultimately that trade helped win the league for us... The team that traded us Rogers also had Warner and Eli Manning.... I offered the deal for either manning or rodgers and he chose rodgers :)

Last year in the second week (this was my first ever fantasy team), I traded my first round pick (Joseph Addai) and another player (Santana Moss), for Thomas Jones and Randy Moss. I'd thought I'd made a losing trade the day before the third games started up.

Then I pulled Kurt Warner off of waivers, along with Desean Jackson and Pierre Thomas and made it all the way to the championship game.

(By the way, it was the same guy that I made a Kevin Smith and Anthony Gonzalez trade for Reggie Bush and Santana Moss. I don't know if I'm up 2-0 on trades or if were even at this point. ^_^)

someone just offered me

Peyton manning
Brandon Jacobs
Greg Jennings

For

Drew brees
Andre Johnson
Willis mcgahee

I'd be losing brees, johnson and mcgahee.
What you think?

Just Traded Joe Flacco, and Mike Sims-Walker for Cedric Benson.

Guy i traded with was in need of a WR and he has P.Manning (on a bye this week) with NO backup QB. (Best available FA QB is Sanchez).

Gives me QB- Rivers, RB's- Benson, C.Johnson, Barber, R.Williams. WR's- R.White, Burelson, D.Jackson, J.Cotchery!

I'm already 4-1, and think Benson just might have put me in a huge position to take this league

someone just offered me

Peyton manning
Brandon Jacobs
Greg Jennings

For

Drew brees
Andre Johnson
Willis mcgahee

I'd be losing brees, johnson and mcgahee.
What you think?

I'd be hard pressed to take that deal if I were you, however, there are a few things to think about.

a)Peyton = quality quarterback, but you have Brees. At best, equal trade here.

b)Jacobs is struggling and *might* get back on track, so the offer for McGahee might be feasible depending on your RB depth. Especially since Ray Rice is becoming a beast.

c)Andre Johnson is one of, if not THE, best wideout in the league *right now*. Greg Jennings and Aaron Rodgers haven't hooked up quite as much as you'd like.

Bottom line, you have to decide whether Johnson or Jennings has better upside first, THEN look at how good your RB depth is. If you think Jennings does, then you might make this trade.

Thinking about trading Roy Williams and John Carlson for Vernon Davis and Anthony Gonzalez...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom