Got One!!! (1 Viewer)

bclemms

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
As many of you know from my prior threads I have been having problems with bad checks. The local government does absolutetly nothing. Out of the 14 bad checks I got last year and turned over to the District Attorney's office last year not 1 has been paid.

Anyways. I had a customer call to have a door glass replaced on a vehicle today. We showed up to an address that we have never been to and my installer recognized the guy and called me before he started the work. He told me that he thought this was one of the guy's that wrote a bad check last year and he remembered doing the work on an older model Crown Vic with big chrome wheels. He saw the same vehicle parked in the back yard and after I did some searching we did realize it was the same guy.

Well, I told the installer to get payment before we started the work and the guy tried to give us an out of town check with no ID. The check was under a different name than the first time and was a female's name. We told him we would not accept out of town checks and he came back out with cash and told the installer to bring the receipt to the door when he finished. The installer then called me back and told me he did get cash and he was about to start the job. I told the installer to just drive off and go to his next job. I then called the police who were heading out there to arrest him.

After I hang up with the police the guy calls me all mad and asks what was going on. I told him that our installer had to run to the gas station to get gas for the generator and would be back any minute and he calmed down. I then called all the local glass distributors and bought every door glass in town that fits that vehicle.

Now the guy has paid us $225 for a glass that he wont get installed with no receipt, he got arrested and when he gets out of jail will not be able to find a door glass for his car.

This person wrote us a bad check, had us meet him at an address that wasn't his, had his phone cut off after writing the bad check and never responded to any of the letters that I, a collection agent and the district attorney sent him including a warrant for his arrest. He tried to write another bad check to us. As of right now I am still upside down on this guy. Should I claim the $225 in cash he gave us today or screw the worthless sack of dog ****?

Sounds like he got what was comin'.

Up to you on the 225, but it seems to me you've the right to keep it.

much props dude..... that's freakin' hilarious

I'd keep the dough

Im not sure if you have the right to keep it or not. He definately owes you the money, but Im not sure if you could be charged for defrauding him in this situation.

He did pay you for a service that you didnt perform.

Keep what? What money? Sorry, I don't recollect any money changing hands. Besides, it's silly to pay cash and not get a reciept. So, apparently this guy is trying to scam us. I am a respectable business man I always provide a reciept.

Good work by the way.

you could easily explain that the money collected was applied to the debt incrued previously...

you could easily explain that the money collected was applied to the debt incrued previously...

I agree. He still owes for work previously completed, and he has no receipt, so there really is no leg for him to stand on. He had it coming.

As for buying all the glass in town, that is only a short term solution. Other installers will simply order more. It would be better to forewarn the other installers of the problem with this guy.

As they say, paybacks are h**l.

Don't forget to give your installer a nice little bonus...
after all, if it wasn't for him you would be out another $200+

bclemms, give the installer $50 for the heads up and keep the rest of the money. go buy yourself a new saints jersey. if the guilt is too much to bear take some under privileged kids out for an ice cream

It was a 2002 Chevy Impala that we were supposed to be working on.

The installer already got a nice bonus. I told him to stick a 100 in his pocket for the effort.

I know that ordering the glass was a short term solution but anything to inconvienence the piece of garbage is just lagniappe. As far as contacting the other glass shops, there are over 80 in the Metro area.

...post the #'s to the glass shops...i'll call em.

It was a 2002 Chevy Impala that we were supposed to be working on.

The installer already got a nice bonus. I told him to stick a 100 in his pocket for the effort.

I know that ordering the glass was a short term solution but anything to inconvienence the piece of garbage is just lagniappe. As far as contacting the other glass shops, there are over 80 in the Metro area.

Ok cool, so it's at least something common enough that you'll be able to use them and not have a bunch of 1972 Volkswagen Thing windows sitting around forever. :covri:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom