Gotta Re-sign Jameis at This Point (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Pretty sure he had already suffered that Lisfranc injury. It just wasn’t fully disclosed. Try to keep up
Foot injury you are referring to is CALLED Plantar facia and I HAVE had this injury and will not prevent Taysom from running or walking

SweetT

Old alias known as FLASH
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Foot injury you are referring to is CALLED Plantar facia and I HAVE had this injury and will not prevent Taysom from running or walking
Cool, so he did play with another injury other than mallet finger. And I have had plantar fascia as well ( I’m a runner and cross trainer) and it can be painful, especially to a football player. Plus, that concussion he sustained was pretty nasty. I’m sure he had some lasting effects from it, as it doesn’t just go away. The point is, for some reason, some of you have gotten to the point, where anything this guy does, is not good enough or it brings out this hate. Dude is an UDFA, who has carved himself out multiple roles on our team. He literally does everything he can on the field to help us win and does everything right off the field. I’m cool with rooting for the bad guy in movies, but in real life, give me a player like that, and I’ll appreciate what he does for my team. TH7 fanboy out. Good night.

COACHTDL

Squad Leader
Reaction score
I think Winston will be long-term answer. I suspect he has been working hard with therapy based on reports. If they keep the oline healthy and get a couple of better talented receivers, he will do very well. Optimistic this time of year.

nakadish

Reaction score
That's not the point. Accepting and liking are two different things. I accepted that my dad would whup my a$$ when I messed up bad when I was a kid. I didn't like it though. He was a really good dad, but I didn't hit my kids and they turned out good as well.

Brees accepted Hill taking snaps away from him in his later years, but a good QB looking to sign with the Saints right now might say no thanks, I want to go somewhere where they let me, the best QB on the roster, read the defense and get the team in the best play at the most crucial times and inconsequential times. QB's say that a team is "their team." When a guy thinks its his team, he might accept his coach doing that at some point, but I don't think many alpha dogs that are good QBs are going to accept that as a term of being (the partial) QB1 for the Saints.

I don't disagree. But Payton is the top dog, and he's going to do it his way whether it makes sense to anyone else or not.

Judge_Smails

Above Average Yachtsman
Reaction score
I don't disagree. But Payton is the top dog, and he's going to do it his way whether it makes sense to anyone else or not.
Yes, and a higher tier FA QB or an elite QB to be gained in a trade will probably say:

“I love you Sean, but I’m going to take my talents somewhere that I don’t get subbed for an UDFA 5 times a game.”

Reaction score
You cannot run with that injury and lost a year at BYU for the same injury on his other foot.

Watch replay Taysom went down without being touched when he injured his foot.
I don’t know exactly what his injury is. But in my opinion he actually injured himself the play before.

Saintcd

Rookie
Reaction score
So CSP is automatically going to limit the number of top free agent QB,s so he can appease hill. Sorry, but no top QB is coming here with hill taking snaps. That’s just the reality.

Reaction score
So CSP is automatically going to limit the number of top free agent QB,s so he can appease hill. Sorry, but no top QB is coming here with hill taking snaps. That’s just the reality.
Payton does not play Hill to "appease" Hill.

Payton plays Hill, because he wants to play Hill.

He wants to play Hill, because Hill is effective at doing what Payton has him do.

Effective is not measured by any single one of his plays, it is measured by the overall effectiveness of all of his plays.

If Hill recovers from his foot injury, Payton will probably continue to give him QB snaps if he's not the start, so I guess no top QB will be coming here.

Winston signed with the team last year knowing that if he was the starter, Hill would be getting some QB snaps. Does that mean Winston isn't a top QB?

nakadish

Reaction score

No top QB is going to come here because the Saints aren't going to mortgage the future to get them here. None of the other stuff matters. Maybe we pick up a draft pick, but I don't think it will be a top draft pick. But, otherwise the QB room won't look much different from what the Saints currently have - and that has nothing to do with Hill.

gtaz21

Groundskeeper
Reaction score
If we sign Rodgers or Wilson we would have to give up multiple draft picks and/or players to get them. If that is your strategy I hear the WFT is looking for a new GM :)
First, I didn't say it was my strategy, Einstein. I merely pointed out that YOUR WAY isn't the ONLY option available. Second, you do realize that the Saints have many picks this year to package.

Reaction score
First, I didn't say it was my strategy, Einstein. I merely pointed out that YOUR WAY isn't the ONLY option available. Second, you do realize that the Saints have many picks this year to package.
Yeah, let's ditch a bunch of picks during a deep WR class and also picks next year and possibly the year after that to get an aging superstar QB who'll still have no one to throw to aside from AK. I honestly don't see the logic in that standpoint.

sfidc3

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score

Thanks, I actually feel kind of Einsteiny....MY WAY is what I'm hoping for, it may not work out, it may work out....I trust CSP and the Saints to make the best choice in the end....

Let me know the last time the Pats, Steelers or any other winning team gave up a bunch of draft picks for a declining QB....

webster

All-Pro
Reaction score
what color is the sky in your real world? I mean folks are acting like JW threw a bunch of INT's or something....he played winning football with a 4-1 TD/INT ratio....was he perfect? No....Did he make plays that won games? Yes, he was particularly effective in the red zone, which few of his detractors will acknowledge....are there still questions? Of course, but I think we saw enough to know that CSP did some great work with him and it's very likely that he would continue to improve...I hope we get to find out next year...

This is what I've been saying all along. I think TH can win games in the NFL on a short term basis but unless his style of play changes he won't last a season as a starter....
You are evaluating Winston on 5 games in which he played ok, but you are disregarding his extensive career as a starting qb and discounting that he is now coming off an injury. His value is down. I think he should get a shot as a backup. He knows the system now and can compete for a back role. But to advance in the playoffs the Saints need to find a legitimate starter.

Taker597

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
You are evaluating Winston on 5 games in which he played ok, but you are disregarding his extensive career as a starting qb and discounting that he is now coming off an injury. His value is down. I think he should get a shot as a backup. He knows the system now and can compete for a back role. But to advance in the playoffs the Saints need to find a legitimate starter.
There isn't another legitimate franchise starter. Open your eyes. Winston is the best QB on the market. Winston isn't going to be a back up next season either.

Last edited:

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Show me a backup with better numbers. Hell, show me an average starting QB with better numbers.

Screenshot_20220116-130725_Samsung Internet.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest SaintsReport Originals

Utopia Draft: The Saints' Ideal (Realistic) Scenario
By Dan Levy - posted 4/28/2022

Sea Change: Taysom Hill's "New" Role and What it Means for the Saints
By Dan Levy - posted 4/06/2022

Q&A: AMA (Ask Me Anything) with Dan Levy
5/8/22 | 4/20/22

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines