Gotta Re-sign Jameis at This Point (3 Viewers)

1a - Russell
2c - Jimmy G
3 - Jameis with draft pick

I will say Taysom played really well tonight, and it's exceedingly unfair to judge him on a season where he had ZERO weapons and was playing with a broken finger and a torn tendon in his foot. But with that said, I hope he gets healthy and plays the jack-of-all-trades role where he truly excels.

I'm not sure what you mean about protecting the ball because he did. I don't know if someone will overpay but the reality is the most important thing is he accomplished the goal of limiting the turnovers. No one really questioned his talent, it was whether he could cut down on the turnovers. The ball is in the Saint's court because they have to put something respectable on the table.
Yeah, I'm a little lost on that one too. He had 14 TDs and 3 INTs. 2 of which came in one game.

I think Payton was easing him in like he did Drew in 2006.

I thought Hill was playing his best at QB over the last two games. Enough that I finally felt like I was seeing the player Payton envisions he can be.

But, the injuries are a problem, going back to college. It has to be a big concern. Now add in a suspected lisfranc injury. Hopefully the walking is a positive indication, but depending on severity, that can end up being quite serious.

Hopefully they can get Winston locked up and both these QBs can heal up completely in time for preseason.

You think he'd sign for 20mil long-term in a league where QBs are starting to sign for 40+? I think he would want to sign a 1 year deal. Have a healthy season with big stats...and then sign for 40+.
I don't know what he'll sign for tbh. Just responding to those who think Winston isn't worth 20-25M a year.

20-25M yr is a steal for this guy especially having sit under brees and Sean....no MT....nothing imo.

Give him MT, McBride at TE, Emmanuel Sanders, top Bpa WR with Harris and Callaway even Smith. This offense is rolling with Winston

Yeah, that 3rd round pick will be a lot of consolation when we are watching Trevor Simien start games for another year.

Regardless, no team is throwing the bank at a guy coming off an ACL tear that had a good 6 game stretch. He’s still got a lot to prove.
Yeah count me in as a person who doesnt want to experience a losing season with the hopes of getting a golden ticket. That so called golden ticket hardly turns out to be a winner.

This roster is built great on defensive end. Gotta have a QB that will win Saints games while the defensive pieces are still there.

Down vote away, but Taysom’s injury problems are not going away at his age. And when he’s healthy, he’s somewhere between bad and average depending on how good of a team we are playing.

Ian Book didn’t get a fair tryout but he didn’t flash at all.

Even if we draft someone, we need a week 1 starter that can deliver. Jameis is the guy until we have an heir. Do what it takes.
I think Semion is the guy til we find THE guy. Better scheme fit. He knows his skill set fits better here then anywhere else in the league. Can lock him up on friendly multi year deal and have some insurance at the position. Winston is just good enough to command a multi year deal. I can see bein stuck with some dead cap money on a Winston contract. Now im all for another 1 year deal with Winston if dont land a whale (Rogers,Wilson), but we need to lock up Semian on a muti year deal.

Resigning Winston to me is a no brainer. The fact he was still with the Team and was shown daping up the offensive line today shows he is still part of the team.

The 1 yr deal was a prove it deal and he may of earned an extension if both sides agree with the vision for him going forward. He's a good QB and there is no reason to have to search for a new signal caller when you have one of the most talented available already in house.

Sure, re-sign him. Depending on where he is, you could probably still get him for a fair deal. I’m not sure you pay him north of $20m/yr though. Looking at the current list of quarterback contracts, and understandable our cap situation, I’m not sure we can afford to pay him north of $20m/yr.

The floor on contract was established when we signed Taysom to new contract.

I stand by my prediction that Derek Carr will be our QB next year. Nothing to support that, just a gut feel.

However, I’d be more than OK with Jameis.

I've heard that speculated some but I remember hearing an interview with Carr saying he's a Raider for life and he'd rather retire than play for another team. Maybe his tune would change if it actually happened but he seems to want to stay there.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom