Gotta Re-sign Jameis at This Point (2 Viewers)

Not close to saying it's a lock. Just saying there is smoke about him going high and when that happens you start to see QBs rise up the board. If he has a great combine/Pro-Day/Individual workout he will shoot up the board due to the value of the QB positions. It happens every year. I mean that's how Wentz, Love, Lance, and Trubrisky ended up where they did. None of those guys should have been picked where they were, but the need for QBs and the potential upside made teams risk it.

And sure Pickett or Coral are possible to Carolina and likely go higher. But given draft history, all three could end up gone in the top 10 to top 15.
every spring we get pre-draft QB hype and most teams will get more buyers remorse than a franchise QB

I don't think that's likely.
I don't either, but simply don't know yet.

I'm optimistic. I just wanted to be clear in my previous post that when I've been talking about how I think Payton will continue to use Hill if Hill isn't the starter, it wasn't a prediction that Hill will make a full and speedy recovery.

Whatever, not even sure why I bothered with the "feeling" angle you threw into the conversation...purely from a football standpoint you mentioned that his best ability to the team is running the ball...my retort: why not leave that up to...uh a running back.

But then he's not the best RB (maybe 3rd possibly 4th best) on the team nor is he the best passer (it can be argued that he's around the 3rd best passer) then what is our attachment, is it that he actually does all of these things?

To sum it up, Offensively speaking, there are;

5 guys on the team right now that can run a better route and catch a better ball than Hill

At least 2 on the team right now that can take a handoff or direct snap that can see the field better than and carry better ball than Hill

And there were 2, now 1 under contract that could scan a field and deliver a football better than Hill

He's a Jack of all, Master of (especially NFL QB) None...there's a reason why he was a UDFA, but for some odd reason we have this attachment to the underdog type. I'm a football elitist, gimme the Heisman Winning #1 Draft prospect with the higher ceiling any day.
In TH7’s two years of playing TE, three years of being inserted at QB/HB option, and his two years of minimal QB play, he has accounted for 31 TDs. You may think he’s the 4th-5th best option in the passing game, the 4th best option in the run game, or 3rd best option at QB, but that guy gets the ball into the endzone. I hear you about being a fan of the old school style of football, but SP doesn’t draw up plays to please the fanbase. He gets creative enough to put points on the board. SP sees huge value in him. Not sure why you don’t honestly. Honestly, I don’t mind it. There’s something about a guy with his talent and determination that just wins me over. Plus, how do you think it makes a defense feel, when a QB (by roster position) barrels over 5 of their defenders and hits paydirt? It’s deflating to a defense and embarrassing. Now that is some “feels” for you.

Last edited:
I’m TH7’s two years of playing TE, three years of being inserted at QB/HB option, and his two years of minimal QB play, he has accounted for 31 TDs. You may think he’s the 4th-5th best option in the passing game, the 4th best option in the run game, or 3rd best option at QB, but that guy gets the ball into the endzone. I hear you about being a fan of the old school style of football, but SP doesn’t draw up plays to please the fanbase. He gets creative enough to put points on the board. SP sees huge value in him. Not sure why you don’t honestly. Honestly, I don’t mind it. There’s something about a guy with his talent and determination that just wins me over. Plus, how do you think it makes a defense feel, when a QB (by roster position) barrels over 5 of their defenders and hits paydirt? It’s deflating to a defense and embarrassing. Now that is some “feels” for you.
Any argument made about how productive a player was by displaying only "positive" stats and not including "negative" stats is just a pure fan boy move.

Career QB 8td with 8 int and with 13 fumbles =

31td with 22 turnovers

Hill's been pretty successful at that. As long as he is, Payton's going to keep calling it regardless of the QB. Payton's a pretty good coach. If any QB has issues with his play calling, they can play somewhere else. Payton's going to Payton.
Indeed. Double reverse run by a tight end anyone?

Any argument made about how productive a player was by displaying only "positive" stats and not including "negative" stats is just a pure fan boy move.
Sort of like someone saying we should only look at Winston's yards and TD's in his last season with Tampa Bay, because the interceptions he thew was the coaches fault and not his.

How do you get from this:
to this:
31td with 22 turnovers
An interception is always a turnover.

A fumble is not always a turnover, so you can't simply add total fumbles to total turnovers. You have to look up fumbles lost and add that to total turnovers.

Last edited:
I don't know of any player that likes being taken off the field. But, they like winning more. As long as Payton fills the locker room with team first guys, it's not an issue. What happens when Hill scores a TD, or gets an important first down? Does anyone look disappointed? I don't know why fans are making this an issue. The team loves what Hill does. There's a reason Payton puts Hill in when they need a spark. That's what he does.
That's not the point. Accepting and liking are two different things. I accepted that my dad would whup my a$$ when I messed up bad when I was a kid. I didn't like it though. He was a really good dad, but I didn't hit my kids and they turned out good as well.

Brees accepted Hill taking snaps away from him in his later years, but a good QB looking to sign with the Saints right now might say no thanks, I want to go somewhere where they let me, the best QB on the roster, read the defense and get the team in the best play at the most crucial times and inconsequential times. QB's say that a team is "their team." When a guy thinks its his team, he might accept his coach doing that at some point, but I don't think many alpha dogs that are good QBs are going to accept that as a term of being (the partial) QB1 for the Saints.

31td with 22 turnovers
Of those 13 fumbles only 4 were lost😆. You may call me a fanboy, but at least I’m not a hater. So, it’s 31 TDs vs 12 turnovers. Plus, your math was wrong to begin with. You attempted to add an extra turnover that wasn’t even there. Sheesh. Let me guess, when this dude was playing through a Lisfranc injury, mallet finger, and even a nasty concussion, all while dang near getting us into the playoffs….you were at home just disgusted and was hoping he would fail???? Am I right???

Last edited:
Some say it was to utilize the uniqueness of Hill...I along w/ a handful others know it was because of our starter's diminished ability, which our FO picked up Hill to get in front of. Just to be clear....that doesn't take anything away from what Brees did for our city and team, it's just seeing what happened for what it was.

This is so far from reality it's funny.

We brought in Hill for whatever reason, but it had nothing to do with playing the joker role.

He played special teams and every time he got on the field he was impressive, but CSP did not bring him here to throw for an aging Brees. no way shape or chance.

Of those 13 fumbles only 4 were lost😆. You may call me a fanboy, but at least I’m not a hater. So, it’s 31 TDs vs 12 turnovers. Plus, your math was wrong to begin with. You attempted to add an extra turnover that wasn’t even there. Sheesh. Let me guess, when this dude was playing through a Lisfranc injury, mallet finger, and even a nasty concussion, all while dang near getting us into the playoffs….you were at home just disgusted and was hoping he would fail???? Am I right???
typing error on math.

only injury Taysom played through is mallet finger.

foot injury and concussion are serious injuries which he missed playing time.

Almost making playoffs is not an accomplishment and will not be noted in NFL history

typing error on math.

only injury Taysom played through is mallet finger.

foot injury and concussion are serious injuries which he missed playing time.

Almost making playoffs is not an accomplishment and will not be noted in NFL history
Pretty sure he had already suffered that Lisfranc injury. It just wasn’t fully disclosed. Try to keep up

Attachments

• 48B31C18-3F51-4CEA-9771-DB932FE87171.jpeg
    48B31C18-3F51-4CEA-9771-DB932FE87171.jpeg
    387.9 KB · Views: 4
Pretty sure he had already suffered that Lisfranc injury. It just wasn’t fully disclosed. Try to keep up
You cannot run with that injury and lost a year at BYU for the same injury on his other foot.

Watch replay Taysom went down without being touched when he injured his foot.

Foot injury you are referring to is CALLED Plantar facia and I HAVE had this injury and will not prevent Taysom from running or walking

Foot injury you are referring to is CALLED Plantar facia and I HAVE had this injury and will not prevent Taysom from running or walking
Cool, so he did play with another injury other than mallet finger. And I have had plantar fascia as well ( I’m a runner and cross trainer) and it can be painful, especially to a football player. Plus, that concussion he sustained was pretty nasty. I’m sure he had some lasting effects from it, as it doesn’t just go away. The point is, for some reason, some of you have gotten to the point, where anything this guy does, is not good enough or it brings out this hate. Dude is an UDFA, who has carved himself out multiple roles on our team. He literally does everything he can on the field to help us win and does everything right off the field. I’m cool with rooting for the bad guy in movies, but in real life, give me a player like that, and I’ll appreciate what he does for my team. TH7 fanboy out. Good night.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom