Gotta Re-sign Jameis at This Point (1 Viewer)

BoNcHiE

Every team's Elixir
Reaction score
Down vote away, but Taysom’s injury problems are not going away at his age. And when he’s healthy, he’s somewhere between bad and average depending on how good of a team we are playing.

Ian Book didn’t get a fair tryout but he didn’t flash at all.

Even if we draft someone, we need a week 1 starter that can deliver. Jameis is the guy until we have an heir. Do what it takes.

Sure, re-sign him. Depending on where he is, you could probably still get him for a fair deal. I’m not sure you pay him north of $20m/yr though. Looking at the current list of quarterback contracts, and understanding our cap situation, I’m not sure we can afford to pay him north of $20m/yr.

Last edited:
I’d say this is pretty accurate. I don’t think Jameis will want to sign without testing the NFL waters. He will want the bag.
I guess I have not been assuming he’d want to test the market. I’d think he’d want another year for SP to help him shine then seek a big contract. Do you think he showed enough for some team to throw a ton of $$$ at him? That said I’m not too sure what the QB market looks like this year across the league.

Let someone else throw the bag at him, let him go berserk with them, and we can net ourselves a 3rd round pick.
Yeah, that 3rd round pick will be a lot of consolation when we are watching Trevor Simien start games for another year.

Regardless, no team is throwing the bank at a guy coming off an ACL tear that had a good 6 game stretch. He’s still got a lot to prove.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom