Gotta Re-sign Jameis at This Point (4 Viewers)

Which is why I was disappointed when Hill got hurt. His throws looked good on Sunday. Building a chemistry with guys like Kamara and Calloway take time, it was nice to finally see it paying off.
It wasn't just chemistry, it was also confidence. That was a different passer than he'd been before. He was decisive, he trusted himself to put velocity on the ball.

Jameis gets you 4.2 YPC career rushing...not that far off, and he isn't a "running QB" ran a ~5s 40.

But those old Saints offenses with Brees, Bush, Sproles, etc feasted underneath because back then defenses had to defend the entire field leaving the underneath open for RBs to gut defenses, it was a pick your poison proposition back in the day. The Hill Joker QB packages came in as a change of pace to use blunt force to push through defenses who clamped down on our short stuff. I fully understand what went down and why it did the way it did.

Some say it was to utilize the uniqueness of Hill...I along w/ a handful others know it was because of our starter's diminished ability, which our FO picked up Hill to get in front of. Just to be clear....that doesn't take anything away from what Brees did for our city and team, it's just seeing what happened for what it was.
My point about the Brees, Bush, Sproles, PT offense is to point out that we don’t do conventional offense (like using Taysom isn’t conventional). This is New Orleans baby, there isn’t anything conventional about anything in this place.

There is nothing to get frothy about with Hill’s usage. Its a positive far more than a negative. There is plenty of room in this offense for folks to eat, everyone can shine.

My point about the Brees, Bush, Sproles, PT offense is to point out that we don’t do conventional offense (like using Taysom isn’t conventional). This is New Orleans baby, there isn’t anything conventional about anything in this place.

There is nothing to get frothy about with Hill’s usage. Its a positive far more than a negative. There is plenty of room in this offense for folks to eat, everyone can shine.
I want a return to being the offensive juggernaut we were in the early '10s, 'member dat (yeah I 'member). Sean's playcalling has gotten hella stale and I'm certain that if we get rid of the binky that we go back to not relying on a single player to be the catalyst of our offense. His system works best when everyone is eating...not when we're sputtering along waiting for a gadget player to provide a spark on a 5 yard plunge into the back of the Oline.

Ultimately I think we all want the same thing, we just have differing opinions on how we get there. I don't hate Hill....I'm just not a fan of that type of offense.

I want a return to being the offensive juggernaut we were in the early '10s, 'member dat (yeah I 'member). Sean's playcalling has gotten hella stale and I'm certain that if we get rid of the binky that we go back to not relying on a single player to be the catalyst of our offense. His system works best when everyone is eating...not when we're sputtering along waiting for a gadget player to provide a spark on a 5 yard plunge into the back of the Oline.

Ultimately I think we all want the same thing, we just have differing opinions on how we get there. I don't hate Hill....I'm just not a fan of that type of offense.
Until you have talent on the team like we had during those dominant days you have to find ways to get the offense to work. I am not going to be upset with a guy who averages 5.8 yards per touch. Of the guys on our team with more than 50 touches this season, Taysom had the most yards per touch. Pardon those of us who are focusing our ire in other directions.

I don't understand why the media keep hyping him so high. Didn't we learn anything from Trey Lance? Small school QB won't be ready year one and NFL teams won't just burddog physical talent in the top 10 like that anymore.

1st round physical talent with a 5th round resume. And I want Willis badly, but his floor is crazy low.
It's a weak class, and QBs go first. I wonder how many of these guys would have had 1st round grades last year?

A starting quarterback isn’t going to feel threatened or turned off if the team decides to hand the ball off to the running back or full back, so why would they feel threatened or turned off if the team designs a run play for their backup?
I get your point, but it’s because the starter wants to be under center, running the offense and potentially checking out of the called RB/FB run when he sees the D exposed to the pass presnap.

How many big plays and TDs did Brees create by checking out of run plays? We’ll never know the exact number, but A LOT would be an accurate answer, I bet.

Even the play that a lot of Saints fans think secured the starting position for JW in the preseason game against Jax, was a called run that Winston audibles out of because he saw press man outside and a zero safety look.

How many times has Sean let Taysom audible out of QB power when he was inserted to run that play? None is my guess.

Not saying I don’t ever want Hill taking snaps from QB1, but to say there is no valid reason for QB1 to not like it is inaccurate.

It's a weak class, and QBs go first. I wonder how many of these guys would have had 1st round grades last year?
So, which terrible franchise drafts him top ten?

I can understand the back end of the 1st round, because there aren't any 1st round prospects in the back end of the 1st round except in elite classes like 2017.

How many times has Sean let Taysom audible out of QB power when he was inserted to run that play? None is my guess.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I can't believe that Payton would totally take the option to audible away from the QB, certainly not this year. But, it does raise the question of if Hill did have the green light to audible, why did he seem to never do it out of QB Power? My guess is that he never really felt comfortable throwing the ball in the NFL.

But, I will say that as others have said, Hill looked like a different QB before he got hurt against Atlanta in the last game. The light seemed to go on for him. I don't think it was the starting QB light, but I think it was the good backup QB light.

So, which terrible franchise drafts him top ten?

I can understand the back end of the 1st round, because there aren't any 1st round prospects in the back end of the 1st round except in elite classes like 2017.

I've seen stuff projecting him to the Panthers at 10. It seems crazy to me, but I'd love the idea of that happening and frankly Rhule and their GM have to be desperate to do something to turn it around or they are gone after next year. That can prompt a team to take a crazy risk on a guy with a really low floor and really high ceiling like a small school QB.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I can't believe that Payton would totally take the option to audible away from the QB, certainly not this year. But, it does raise the question of if Hill did have the green light to audible, why did he seem to never do it? My guess is that he never really felt comfortable throwing the ball in the NFL.

But, I will say that as others have said, Hill looked like a different QB before he got hurt against Atlanta in the last game. The light seemed to go on for him. I don't think it was the starting QB light, but I think it was the good backup QB light.
I am sure Hill has the leeway to change the play when he is actually working as QB1, but when he is inserted in place of QB1, specifically to run one play that has mostly been QB power, I’ve never seen him kill that play and go to something else. And when he’s been similarly inserted to throw for one play, I’ve never seen him kill that play.

I've seen stuff projecting him to the Panthers at 10. It seems crazy to me, but I'd love the idea of that happening and frankly Rhule and their GM have to be desperate to do something to turn it around or they are gone after next year. That can prompt a team to take a crazy risk on a guy with a really low floor and really high ceiling like a small school QB.
Carolina, Rhule, and Willis... Yeah... I'm going to press X to doubt on that.

I can see them drafting Pickett or Coral if they go QB.

Carolina, Rhule, and Willis... Yeah... I'm going to press X to doubt on that.

I can see them drafting Pickett or Coral if they go QB.
Saints Dline would probably end Corrall’s career in year 1. He is slight of size and takes a lot of hits. Not a good formula against an elite pash rushing Dline that you face twice a year. Bucs would mess him up as well.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom