Government wants control of your thermostats. (1 Viewer)

Nope. People up and down the streets were telling anyone passing by (cause no one had anything going on anyway without tricity). I made an afternoon of it because there were so many. They wanted everyone to walk on their property to see the meter for themselves. It was like a street carnival and they were the carnies (sp). I know I didn't believe it at first.

I know there were some reporters that heard about it and interviewed people, but I NEVER saw or heard anything about it. Not even when people got their bill and flipped seeing how much the bill was. The power was off in our hood for almost 2 weeks. Some places, even longer. Not a single media report of it.

As a matter of fact, the only grocery store that was smart enough to get a generator before the mad rush, showed us their meters running too. The manager said that they have a bit of emergency power, but the meters were running as if it was under normal power supply.

I'll never forget those two weeks even though my gf and I were in an alcohol daze the whole time. Nothing else to do.:dunno:
I could see the grocery stores moving if they didn't disconnect their main feed when they went on generator power. I could even see some residual movement from "stored" power (capacitance). But in the end...no EMF = no movement. There has to be potential (voltage) in order for there to be power (Ohm's Law). There's no way around it.

I could see the grocery stores moving if they didn't disconnect their main feed when they went on generator power. I could even see some residual movement from "stored" power (capacitance). But in the end...no EMF = no movement. There has to be potential (voltage) in order for there to be power (Ohm's Law). There's no way around it.

I can't argue with you because I don't know diddly about electricity nor the meters.

The only possible thing I can think of is the pattern of the blackouts. To make a long story short, it started on a powerline that just had too much going through it while it was an antiquated line in the first place. It just dominoed after that due to the increased stress build ups. As the days creeped along, ConEd was replacing EVERYTHING above and below ground because they were so old and could not handle the initial spike when they turned the juice back on.

Once in a while, you'd see a building's lights go on for about 20 minutes, then go off again. Now, I know enough about electricity to turn it off before fondling the lines, so I would have to assume that the power grid had to have been shut down while they were working on it. And they worked on it 24/7.

I do remember people asking the ConEd workers why their meters were running, but they were basically ignoring them because they were getting harrassed every minute of every day. Never got an answer. I'm not sure what else I can tell you.

I can't argue with you because I don't know diddly about electricity nor the meters.

The only possible thing I can think of is the pattern of the blackouts. To make a long story short, it started on a powerline that just had too much going through it while it was an antiquated line in the first place. It just dominoed after that due to the increased stress build ups. As the days creeped along, ConEd was replacing EVERYTHING above and below ground because they were so old and could not handle the initial spike when they turned the juice back on.

Once in a while, you'd see a building's lights go on for about 20 minutes, then go off again. Now, I know enough about electricity to turn it off before fondling the lines, so I would have to assume that the power grid had to have been shut down while they were working on it. And they worked on it 24/7.

I do remember people asking the ConEd workers why their meters were running, but they were basically ignoring them because they were getting harrassed every minute of every day. Never got an answer. I'm not sure what else I can tell you.
Electricity acts nearly exactly like water. You can think of the meter as a water wheel. You have to have a flow of water to make the wheel turn. Without (a) water and (b) movement of said water, the wheel won't turn.

The major difference is the electricity we're talking about is AC which essentially means there is movement in two directions (AC = alternating current). So again, if there is a generator on the "grid" that hasn't been isolated and there are objects which use electricity turned on (the meters themselves use a small amount) then I could see some isolated movement...but not anything widespread and sustained.

I'm not doubting you saw what you saw...it just boggles my mind a bit.

Electricity acts nearly exactly like water. You can think of the meter as a water wheel. You have to have a flow of water to make the wheel turn. Without (a) water and (b) movement of said water, the wheel won't turn.

The major difference is the electricity we're talking about is AC which essentially means there is movement in two directions (AC = alternating current). So again, if there is a generator on the "grid" that hasn't been isolated and there are objects which use electricity turned on (the meters themselves use a small amount) then I could see some isolated movement...but not anything widespread and sustained.

I'm not doubting you saw what you saw...it just boggles my mind a bit.

Sure. It boggled our minds too and I know much less that you apparently. I wish I had an explanation. The best I could come up with is that it's a conspiracy by ConEd (as in "you've been conned"). I started thinking that the meters were rigged to just run no matter what and ConEd could speed them up or slow them down whenever they felt like it.

Hey man, don't judge me based on this fun little conspiracy. It was a LONG two weeks filled with beer. It got pretty ridiculous and I was letting my mind take walks from time to time. I let it go cause I wasn't using it.:covri:

The ULTIMATE GANG WAR.

The ReBLOODicans
bloods.jpg

The DemoCRIPS
crips_01.jpg

For Washington Supremacy

Offers for the meters have been put in my bills for the last 3 months at least. Right now they are operating under a 20 dollar rebate for installing one. Yeah right.

here in ga they are using a system similar. right now its volentary..
you get a tax credit each year. and every time the electric company activates it you get x number of dollars off your power bill. i even think there is a time period like 11 am to 4pm that that they are only allowed to shut down your ac....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom