GQ Article: Saint Will and the Man Who Shot Him (1 Viewer)

FleurDeRys

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
GQ recently published a long and very intense article, weaving together several pieces from that night and the years before, for an article that gives a more humanizing perspective of Hayes...

Saint Will and the Man Who Shot Him | GQ

This spring, a former Saint and Super Bowl champion, Will Smith, was shot and killed by another player, named Cardell Hayes. Their fatal collision highlights the fine line between triumph and tragedy in football and life in the Crescent City.
(I did a search and didn't see it posted, but please merge if I missed it.)

RIP, Will.

SaintsDrunkard

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
This article may as well have been written by the Defense attorney in this case. There is no new, real, evidence in this article.

The writer does ASSUME one side of the story as FACT when that will come out at trial. This, as the OP said, is an attempt to humanize Hayes.

Sad part of this is the only facts we have are: at least 1 vehicle which was rear-ended, a woman shot 2 times, and another person shot in the side and back 8 times.

Everything else needs to come out at trial.

insidejob

Respect existence or expect resistance.
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
I'm not taking a chance. Moved to LR.
What happened last time it was posted? I've never seen it before. This is the first I've seen of this "article" which really seems more like a fluff piece written by friends of the defense team.

BobE

Now with Covfefe
Reaction score
What happened last time it was posted? I've never seen it before. This is the first I've seen of this "article" which really seems more like a fluff piece written by friends of the defense team.

The thread didn't last long. Maybe 2 hours. Basically some random poster started thread talked **** about Will Smith and poof it was gone.

insidejob

Respect existence or expect resistance.
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
The thread didn't last long. Maybe 2 hours. Basically some random poster started thread talked **** about Will Smith and poof it was gone.

Oh. Just a typical troll forcing a thread to be closed. Not nearly the meltdown I was anticipating.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)