Article Grading the moves the Saints made in 2019, and the moves they didn't (2 Viewers)

Grading the Saints negatively for not being able to re-sign Ingram is just stupid. Dude ended up taking the same money from the Ravens that we offered at the start of FA. There's a reason it took so long for Ingram to find a team and that reason is his agent making him think he should be paid $10+M a year like the backs that held out and got over on their teams and eventually signed for way more than they're worth.

I disagree with his McCoy grade. IMO, I think it's an A+.

Ingrams original agent from his rookie deal screwed up, gave bad advice and got fired for it, Ingram the co0mpunded the mistake by hiring another agent that thought he could play hard ball with Loomis and lost.

1, IIRC, we led the NFL with the FEWEST turnovers in 2019.

2. NFC Divisional round vs. Vikings, we gave it away twice. There went the season.

3. We get past Minny, and we would have won in GB. We put up the highest number of points vs. 49'ers (40 pts). I believe we could have cashed in.

4. Woulda, coulda, shoulda.

Free agency and draft are upcoming.

:gosaints:

Disagree with all the “didn’t make” ones.

The only “didn’t make” move I could see an argument for would be not trading for Emmanuel Sanders.

Biggest miss was not signing a receiver a la Beasley. Someone like him would have helped out significantly.
I hated the Ingram move but from a business perspective its the right thing to do. You decide on a number for a certain player or position and stick by that. That is what the well operated teams do.

Imagine if Brees and Cook would've clicked sooner? Like during the 5-3/4 games Drew was out? Once Drew returned to the starting line-up, Cook was everything we hoped for.

A- for signing Murray and D for not re-signing Ingram? Not sure how we could've signed Ingram. Best we can tell, Ingram never had any intentions of staying in New Orleans. Signing Murray gets and A- and I agree. Not using that A- enough gets a D- from me.

How about a few he left out?

Signing Teddy Bridgewater = A+++
Drafting Chauncey in the FOURTH ROUND = A+++
Finding a little UDFA kick returner named Deonte Harris = A+++

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom