Graduating my boys up from airsoft guns... (1 Viewer)

TPS

Reaction score
Cool, I think they will shoot each other some though, Hahahaa.

My older kids get laptops this year and 1 other gift. and of course stocking stuffers.

>>Cool, I think they will shoot each other some though, Hahahaa.'

Yeah, I'm almost positive they will, which is why I got them 350 fps rifles instead of the 850 or 1,000fbs models. They battle with airsoft guns all the time (some of them really hurt too, even my dog hates them :hihi: ). And they have pretty good paintball markers (high end stuff, but not what you'd use in a paintball field).

I'll never forget this big dude "Wolf" from my neighborhood (Kenilworth out in da east) used to carry his pellet pistol around and blow up tomatoes and things when he got bored. I'll never forget the time he turned it on me, laughing hysterically, and busted a pellet in my calf. I ended up with a circular bruise that hurt for weeks.

>>My older kids get laptops this year and 1 other gift. and of course stocking stuffers.

Yeah, my oldest (15) wanted a laptop, but I'm probably going to wait until he's a junior. My middle son wants a PSP, so I'm going to get that for him. But there's no way we're spending $2000 on a ridiculous Christmas this year. I'm going to shell out about a grand for my 3 and the ex can put up about $500 and they'll still have cool stuff to open. I'm thinking about getting some fruit out of Harry and David for the various parental units, and that's about it.

TPS

I found a pretty good deal from Bass Pro Shops for 2 pellet rifles, bb's, pellets, safety glasses and targets for $99. Depending on them not shooting each other with these guns will depend on whether or not they get the 410's or 20 gauges they want next year. Chrismas is on, and the bills are sure to be piling up shortly. :covri:

http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catalog.TextId?hvarTextId=82269&hvarTarget=search&cmCat=CROSSSELL

TPS

They will shoot each other. I can't tell you how many times I have been hit by a pellet fired by one of my brothers or a friend. Lots of good memories there.

Funny you should mention this. I'm heading up to the mountains of North Carolina for Thanks Giving week and I went to Academy sports and bought some pellets and some targets for the pellet gun I've had since I was a kid. (No firearms are allowed on the mountain.) There is no TV and no reliable internet access up there so I figured I would relive some childhood memories.

>>Funny you should mention this. I'm heading up to the mountains of North Carolina for Thanks Giving week and I went to Academy sports and bought some pellets and some targets for the pellet gun I've had since I was a kid. (No firearms are allowed on the mountain.) There is no TV and no reliable internet access up there so I figured I would relive some childhood memories.

You must be heading off to a cabin or something. Most of the mountains have internet and cable too. :shrug: Maggie Valley is on the verge of almost being "cosmopolitan", and I probably would have headed up there next week if it would have been warm enough to raft without wetsuits. But no. I might stay home. I might drive to New York. I might go to Austin. I'm just playing it by ear right now.

We had a bb gun and used it to hunt extensive songbirds in my neighborhood. My boys, however, are completely banned from shooting any songbirds. I told them they could should buzzards, crows or hawks if they wanted to, but not mockingbirds, jays, cardinals, sparrows and such. If they want to shoot rabbits, snakes or gators, that's okay too - just leave the songbirds alone. We'll see how that all pans out and whether or not I get two new pellet guns. ;)

TPS

TPS

Saftey glasses? Man you take all the fun out of having a glass eye at an early age...

We used to pile on layers of clothes during summer break and have BB gun wars. If anyone shot someone else in the face the rest of the group unloaded on them. No one ever got shot in the face that I know of but a lot of welps on the neck, back, arms and legs. Good times, good times...

I've decided to go economical with the presents this year.

coal.jpg

>>I've decided to go economical with the presents this year.

hahahaha

We do that almost every year. "You can only open one present before we get up, and it has to be this one!" "But dad, it's gonna be a rock!!!" Some years it was shells from the street. Other years, I actually got them some mineral rocks for fun.

hahaha It worked to scare them when they were little, but now we just include rocks for fun. Christmas morning wouldn't be Christmas morning without some rocks in a box.

:rock:

TPS

I might drive to New York.

TPS

why didn't you tell me this? Wife gets out at 3 on saturdays now..then we can take you to the falls for the festival of lights ,come back here and eat,drink,sleep and then we can watch the game together on sunday..

so don't make plans for that part of the weekend.

Steve, I had a Benjamin 22 cal pellet. but I can see your point anyway with mine. I hunted with it for quite a few years. Great for squirrels and rabbits and vermin. Shotguns hmm, unless they go hunting alot! A top air rifle can be used for a long time.

it's time they stop shooting at each other before they get even a wimpy bb or pellet.

God I miss hunting, nothing like being out in the middle of nowhere and bringing home something to cook later

>>I've decided to go economical with the presents this year.

hahahaha

We do that almost every year. "You can only open one present before we get up, and it has to be this one!" "But dad, it's gonna be a rock!!!" Some years it was shells from the street. Other years, I actually got them some mineral rocks for fun.

hahaha It worked to scare them when they were little, but now we just include rocks for fun. Christmas morning wouldn't be Christmas morning without some rocks in a box.

:rock:

TPS
We did put a piece of charcoal in a fancy present box, all tinsled up even, and gave it to the oldest a couple of years ago.

Even he admits he deserved it.

>>Funny you should mention this. I'm heading up to the mountains of North Carolina for Thanks Giving week and I went to Academy sports and bought some pellets and some targets for the pellet gun I've had since I was a kid. (No firearms are allowed on the mountain.) There is no TV and no reliable internet access up there so I figured I would relive some childhood memories.

You must be heading off to a cabin or something. Most of the mountains have internet and cable too. :shrug: Maggie Valley is on the verge of almost being "cosmopolitan", and I probably would have headed up there next week if it would have been warm enough to raft without wetsuits. But no. I might stay home. I might drive to New York. I might go to Austin. I'm just playing it by ear right now.

We had a bb gun and used it to hunt extensive songbirds in my neighborhood. My boys, however, are completely banned from shooting any songbirds. I told them they could should buzzards, crows or hawks if they wanted to, but not mockingbirds, jays, cardinals, sparrows and such. If they want to shoot rabbits, snakes or gators, that's okay too - just leave the songbirds alone. We'll see how that all pans out and whether or not I get two new pellet guns. ;)

TPS

TPS

Some places do have cable and internet, but not the place we are going. It's a house up above Cherokee and the people who own it just aren't very interested in such things. The good news is that one of my brothers is building a vacation house up there and he is going to have satellite and flat screen TV's. But, for now we are going to this place. It's a whole family trip and some members of the family think it's good to get away from all that stuff. I disagree, but I can't just bow out on a family trip because they don't have cable.

As for the air guns. I recall shooting a lizard once when I was a kid, I felt so bad about it, I never did shoot anything living, other than friends and my brothers, again. I figured they, unlike the animals, knew the dangers.:ezbill:

>>why didn't you tell me this? Wife gets out at 3 on saturdays now..then we can take you to the falls for the festival of lights ,come back here and eat,drink,sleep and then we can watch the game together on sunday..

Didn't come to light until after I talked to you. If I came up, it would only be leaving Tuesday and leaving Friday morning to get back for a Soccer tournament in Covington for the weekend. Chances are next to nil, but there's a slim one I'd be up there. It's unlikely. I will let you know if I was coming, but I'm more-or-less against it because I don't want to drive 21 hours to stay for 2 days and then have to drive 21 hours back. That's insanity.
------------------------------------------------
Mike,

I do too. I gave up hunting after flooring a bunch of neighborhood robin-red-breasts in Loranger one cold and boring afternoon, but I still love to go out in the woods and blow stuff up. I couldn't find a decent benjamin on line for the price I could get two Daisy's so I went with the package that Bass was offering.
----------------------------------------------
LOL BD. Make no mistake, they all deserve it.

TPS

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom