Grand Canyon (1 Viewer)

Do the SKYWALK
2760901850087740956S200x200Q85.jpg

Even though it will hot during the day, it will get cold at night. When we got there the park was closed so we just slept in the car. We were wearing shorts and t shirts and woke during the night freezing. We were pulling a pop-up camper and had to roll it up enough to find warm clothes.

Be sure and have all your supplies before you get there because you will pay an arm and leg for anything there.

I've never camped in the grand canyon proper but I have hiked there. As you might expect, it's amazing.

If you're looking for something a little different than your usual Grand Canyon trip, I HIGHLY recommend doing a 1 or 2 night camping trip to Havasu Falls.

http://www.naturalbornhikers.com/HavasuCanyon/HavasuCanyon.htm

Had some friends make the trip last summer- said they were on a 6 month waiting list. He said the Havasupai strictly control access/use. No motor vehicles of any kind (although you can helicopter, then hike in/out)in lieu of using a mule. Some of their pix they sent me:

Attachments

• image036.jpg
    image036.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 2
  • image038.jpg
    image038.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 1
  • image047.jpg
    image047.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 2
  • image048.jpg
    image048.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 1
Awsome pics. I went after grad. high school and did not even take a camera.

Myself and 2 other guys went to the canyon then vegas and LA. We had a bid fight in LA., and one friend and I caught a flight and flew back home.

Even though it will hot during the day, it will get cold at night. When we got there the park was closed so we just slept in the car. We were wearing shorts and t shirts and woke during the night freezing. We were pulling a pop-up camper and had to roll it up enough to find warm clothes.

Be sure and have all your supplies before you get there because you will pay an arm and leg for anything there.

If you were pulling a camper, why didn't you sleep in it rather than in the car?

I did the Royal Arch Loop over 6 days with 6 of my best buddies. It was the best experience of my life. Enjoy. If you have any specific questions let me know.

Going to be making the trip in August. Gonna Griswold Vacation it from Baltimore. Will be looking forward to your reports back. Have a great time.

Going to be making the trip in August. Gonna Griswold Vacation it from Baltimore. Will be looking forward to your reports back. Have a great time.

For sure. One of my buds is a hobby photographer so we will have plenty of pics.

Went white water rafting in the Colorado River which was awesome! Then took a Horseback ride, on a trail, along side the Grand Canyon and almost plummeted to the bottom. Not so awesome! I still have a fear of heights till this day and it's been 20 yrs.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom