Grandchild or Pay Up (1 Viewer)

How exactly would one go about getting consent that their unborn child wants to be born?
The details are still being worked out...

But seriously, he's saying if you can't acquire consent, then don't do it.

---
And when you think about all that life entails - the 70+ years of struggle and inconvenience and discomfort - how can you put that upon some unsuspecting being. Cruel and beyond selfish.

Suicide SHOULD be painless and relatively easy to obtain. But nooooo. Gotta make it difficult and messy to leave.
It's never painless. I've lost relatives (both my family and wife's family) to suicide and it still pains me to this day. They no doubt had their own pain, but I can't speak for them because I wasn't in their shoes.

It's never painless. I've lost relatives (both my family and wife's family) to suicide and it still pains me to this day.

Wouldn't it be much more preferable if a person could go to their loved ones and say, "Hey, I'm over this life so I'm going to go ahead and leave." The parents and other loved ones likely express disapproval but at least they have a heads up.

You get to completely cherish those last days, weeks and months.

But instead, we criminalize/ostracize/demonize those who don't like the life they were given. They leave. And we spend the rest of OUR lives, devastated.

If only we could speak as candidly about death as we do about birth. If only we could express anxiety about being born in the same way we express anxiety about dying.

There's this "death discrimination" that permeates society and it makes no bleepin' sense. We are all going to die. That's a fact.

So why can't we orchestrate the occurrence as openly and unabashedly as one would orchestrate a birth or a baby shower?

You can rue your demise. You should be able to rue your creation.

#rambles

The details are still being worked out...

But seriously, he's saying if you can't acquire consent, then don't do it.

---
And when you think about all that life entails - the 70+ years of struggle and inconvenience and discomfort - how can you put that upon some unsuspecting being. Cruel and beyond selfish.

Are you actually this cynical? Or is it a message board act? I don't know you well, but I love you. And life is worth living.

Last edited:
This is a lawsuit I can get behind. 😌

"Your parents had you instead of a toy or a dog, you owe them nothing, you are their entertainment."

Both of his parents are lawyers.
After they win the suit, and they will win, they should sue him for all the expense for raising him and sending him to school. They especially deserve a refund on any educational expenditures....

Are you actually this cynical? Or is it a message board act? I don't know you well, but I love you. And life is worth living.
I'm 99% sure it's not an act. I can see why someone might assume it, but posting history seems pretty clear and consistent on that part.

It's cynical but it's also the truth. If shown a slideshow pre-birth of what their life would be like (siblings, schooling, tax history, physical ailments, etc.) - I wonder how many beings would say, "Yes! I want to be born. Arthritis, hemorrhoids and the IRS sound like fun."

But it's hard for us to admit that life is likely not something we'd aspire to if we weren't already put here by someone else.

It's cynical but it's also the truth. If shown a slideshow pre-birth of what their life would be like (siblings, schooling, tax history, physical ailments, etc.) - I wonder how many beings would say, "Yes! I want to be born. Arthritis, hemorrhoids and the IRS sound like fun."

But it's hard for us to admit that life is likely not something we'd aspire to if we weren't already put here by someone else.

I don't think that is true. Life is worth living even with and in suffering and I am grateful for it. But it is not something that I am likely to convince you of using words, at least not in this format. The problem of suffering is a real one.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom