Grandchild or Pay Up (1 Viewer)

Except there is a lot of shame and judgment; especially for WOMEN, who choose not to marry or have children. Maybe not in your immediate circle, but in American society in general.

I would never want to re-do this life as we know it, as a woman. Look at all the cultures across the globe and tell me which one is so appealing for women? Not a single one.
Lesbos was probably pretty decent back in the day.

That's all I'm saying. I've never tried to get others to believe what I believe. I've only wished that I could express my feelings without being chastised or having them doubted.

7.7 billion people.

Is it not fathomable that a portion wouldn't like existing? Do all of us have to like bananas or the same movies? Nope.

But it's treated as inconceivable that some of us wouldn't like life.

It's not inconceivable. But I do think it is a pity that someone would suffer for not seeing the goodness of his own life. I hope you can see that I am not chastising. But I will not endorse or affirm your suffering as some sort of good simply because you feel it. I don't think it is good at all. And for your sake I wish you all the happiness and gratitude in the experience of all that is true, good and beautiful in this life and the next.

It's not inconceivable. But I do think it is a pity that someone would suffer for not seeing the goodness of his own life. I hope you can see that I am not chastising. But I will not endorse or affirm your suffering as some sort of good simply because you feel it. I don't think it is good at all. And for your sake I wish you all the happiness and gratitude in the experience of all that is true, good and beautiful in this life and the next.
The point is not everyone feels the same about everything and it shouldn't be a difficult concept to grasp. But I'm still amazed when people make it out to be.

The point is not everyone feels the same about everything and it shouldn't be a difficult concept to grasp. But I'm still amazed when people make it out to be.
Are you suggesting that a healthy person should be able to say fork it and kill themselves? I'm honestly asking because I don't believe that but I do believe that if one is terminal than suicide should be legal in that respect and it is legal in Oregon.

Are you suggesting that a healthy person should be able to say fork it and kill themselves? I'm honestly asking because I don't believe that but I do believe that if one is terminal than suicide should be legal in that respect.
I think the post you quoted was crystal clear. Believe what you want (and allow others to believe differently).

I think the post you quoted was crystal clear. Believe what you want (and allow others to believe differently).
Going off of your post would mean that if one believes in murder or rape then it should be allowed. I mean, if I believe it, it should be accepted. Also, I'm not judging or trying to say you are wrong but there are exceptions here.

Going off of your post would mean that if one believes in murder or rape then it should be allowed. I mean, if I believe it, it should be accepted. Also, I'm not judging or trying to say you are wrong but there are exceptions here.
Well... if that's what you believe I mean 🤷🏾‍♀️

Let's circle back to my original question that you side stepped, are you suggesting that a healthy person should be able to decide to kill themselves, yes or no?
I think what she's saying is that someone who is depressed, has a negative view of life or even suicidal shouldn't beat themselves up over it, and that people shouldn't beat them up over it. My youngest daughter has gone through bouts of that, and all I can do is be there for her and support her as best I can. I really don't try to fix her. And I think sometimes people who mean well, can actually make a person feel worse. It's tricky though. I want to be positive with my daughter, but at the same time not smother her.

I don't think a healthy person would want to kill himself. Suicidal thoughts are not healthy. That said, those who are suicidal should be loved and counseled. It very possibly could be a medical issue as well. I have a family member who was suicidal and dealing with bi-polar issues and she sought professional help and the meds she's on now has helped her and she hasn't been suicidal for a while now.

I think what she's saying is that someone who is depressed, has a negative view of life or even suicidal shouldn't beat themselves up over it, and that people shouldn't beat them up over it. My youngest daughter has gone through bouts of that, and all I can do is be there for her and support her as best I can. I really don't try to fix her. And I think sometimes people who mean well, can actually make a person feel worse. It's tricky though. I want to be positive with my daughter, but at the same time not smother her.

I don't think a healthy person would want to kill himself. Suicidal thoughts are not healthy. That said, those who are suicidal should be loved and counseled. It very possibly could be a medical issue as well. I have a family member who was suicidal and dealing with bi-polar issues and she sought professional help and the meds she's on now has helped her and she hasn't been suicidal for a while now.
It always comes back to raisins for me. They're despicable little things.

But say that everytime you make a comment about not liking raisins, someone challenges you or tries to change your mind.

It's like, "Damn.... Can I just NOT like raisins?"

I don't need anyone to agree with me or validate my dislikes. But why can't I mention my disdain for life without making it a big thing.

In my mind, it really is as simple as saying, "I don't like X."

I don't fully know why other humans have problems with people not liking the same things they like. It's incredibly irrational.

And while I fancy myself a Master Empathizer, I can't quite narrow my viewpoint enough to get into that space. It's so tiny and restrictive.

Like... can your imagination not handle the fact that ONE of the people on this earth don't want to be here? Really. Your brain is THAT limited?

I don't know if that makes sense.

Anyway, you know that I love how you're just THERE for your daughter. That's really all you can do.

People get to talk freely about the things they're excited for and what makes them happy. Rarely are they challenged or told not to be pleased.

But when you're sad, you don't always have that support. People are constantly trying to change you. They never just let you be.

It's impossible for everyone to be satisfied or content or happy. That's just how it is.

And it's fine. It truly is.

Last edited:
Head shoulders knees and toes on repeat for a solid 6 months
haha, my brain went straight to "eyes and ears and mooouth and nose, head shoulders knees and toes (in lower register) knees and toes".

It is very different and enjoyable as a grandparent though. I was traveling in god-knows-what-country when my own boys were listening to those songs, so it was a real blessing to be able to get those stuck in my head for my grandsons.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom