Granddaughter of Saints’ Boss Is Getting Ready to Call the Plays (MERGED) (1 Viewer)

I really wish Tom would just sell the Team to Terry Bradshaw, That way we know they wont leave.:sbob:

I trust old Tom more than Rita. I don't think this is a good thing at all.

Ladies and gentlemen... your... College Station Saints.

Agree....100%...... I think she has been the catalyst behind the move t t San Antonio business

Hey, she's rich and she owns my favorite NFL team, that is about as HOT as you can get!!

rita was born in houma. her dad is from south lafourche. from what i hear, it was not rita that was behind the push to move to san antonio. i thought so, too, at the time. i have since learned differently. it might totally surprise you. matter of fact, it definitely would totally surprise you at who was behind the push. no one you would normally think of as having say so and power.

rita was born in houma. her dad is from south lafourche. from what i hear, it was not rita that was behind the push to move to san antonio. i thought so, too, at the time. i have since learned differently. it might totally surprise you. matter of fact, it definitely would totally surprise you at who was behind the push. no one you would normally think of as having say so and power.

Well spit it out already!!!:cussing: :cussing: :cussing:

I was impressed by her early interest in the business side of the operation, so at least she wouldn't view her ascension to owner as a complete surprise or entitlement. What that means for the future of the franchise is anyone's guess. Selling $14 game tickets isn't heathy for longterm profitability.

I knew there was a reason why I never fully trusted Silky Powell.

Selling $14 game tickets isn't heathy for longterm profitability.
What are you talking about? All stadiums have a small amount of low priced tickets (i.e. the cheap seats). Selling sideline seats for double what they sold for last year does wonders for profitability. I do not think anyone can question the sales of tickets in the Dome. A few low priced tickets have almost no effect on profitability (especially when you consider these seats would normally have gone unsold and now generate additional concessions).

(especially when you consider these seats would normally have gone unsold and now generate additional concessions).

You definately paid attention in Econ class.

Thats the exact reason those tickets are sold cheap.

I heard from a guy who said he was friends with someone close to the organization that Rita Benson was one of the ones(along with Tagliubue) that told Benson he should get back to New Orleans....I didn't believe the guy at first and dismissed it and asked him how he knew this and who his source was, he actually got pretty ****** at me and told me who they were, and I can't say I don't believe him.......I understand that's it all 2nd and 3rd hand info but I can't rule it out either...It sounded legit...

NY Times: Benson granddaughter ready to start calling shots

Granddaughter of Saints’ Boss Is Getting Ready to Call the Plays

The two owners’ suites, located side by side above the 50-yard-line at the Louisiana Superdome, are separated only by a generation gap.

Tom Benson’s suite, fully restored with hardwood floors and gold fixtures, is crowded on game days with nuns, priests and businessmen wearing suits.

Rita Benson LeBlanc’s suite, still missing cabinets and countertops, is jammed with celebrities, artists and children of the businessmen next door. Jeans are preferred.

S'more: http://www.nytimes.com/2006/12/21/s...em&ex=1166850000&en=f28b9223ef2ea646&ei=5087

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom