Saints Granderson getting that work in 💪🏾 (2 Viewers)

I think he will have a breakout season the way Junior did.
I like him as a prospect a lot more than I did Trey (even though we are going to miss Trey a lot).

It's time to unleash him and let him get some more reps, if he can win the job during camp.

Man I’m hoping that guy balls out!!!!
Hope everyone ball out. But with him I have mix reaction. He has the size and seem to have the speed. However, I see a player who needs to work on technique. Watching him in a few games and coming in for a few plays, he looks to be straight line rusher. He is strong and big and needs to use his leverage and big body to his advantage. He sort of reminds me of Al-Quadin Muhammad back when he played for us. Now he is playing well for the Colts.

Hope everyone ball out. But with him I have mix reaction. He has the size and seem to have the speed. However, I see a player who needs to work on technique. Watching him in a few games and coming in for a few plays, he looks to be straight line rusher. He is strong and big and needs to use his leverage and big body to his advantage. He sort of reminds me of Al-Quadin Muhammad back when he played for us. Now he is playing well for the Colts.

It's fair to say that most D linemen still have some work to do technique wise after their first two seasons in the league. A lot of these guys come in with the physical tools but they need a few years of polish before they hit their stride. We saw it firsthand with Sheldon Rankins and David Onyemata. Both of those guys broke out in their third year. Trey Hendrickson started to blossom in his third season.

Speaking of Hendrickson, if you compare where Granderson is now to where Hendrickson was at the same point in his career, they are very similar. Here are their numbers through their first two seasons:

T Rex - 17 games, 2 Sacks, 21 tackles, 9 QB hits

Granderson - 23 games, 6 sacks, 25 tackles, 11 QB hits

And I have a lot of faith in Ryan Nielsen. He's been able to get a lot out his players. Hopefully the combination of Granderson and Davenport will help mitigate the loss of production at that end spot.

I was watching the replay of the Vikes vs Saints Christmas game and Granderson was looking basically straight line pass rusher on the RDE side that was always going to the outside and not the inside. When he played on the opposite where Cam plays it seemed different for him. If he can develope a spin move or swim move in his movements he would be able to get to the inside quicker on a QB.

Last edited:
I liked what I saw of Granderson last season, It looked like he bulked up some and his play improved from the year before. He had 4 sacks last season in a limited role, I can't remember exactly how many pressures he had. I'm hoping he can improve even more this season. Looking forward to seeing him have more of an expanded role this season and I really hope he has a breakout season.

Granderson and the signing of KPass is why i think the Saints wont be impacted by the loss of Hendrickson.

I really like the line of Granderson, Onyemata, Cam, and Davenport. The only question is who will fill the role of run stuffer, think Roach and Tuttle are up to the task. Lately it seemd gave been really good at finding or developing D-line man.

If Grandy and Dav can come through and have break through seasons, this unit will go from being really good to excellent.

I liked what I saw of Granderson last season, It looked like he bulked up some and his play improved from the year before. He had 4 sacks last season in a limited role, I can't remember exactly how many pressures he had. I'm hoping he can improve even more this season. Looking forward to seeing him have more of an expanded role this season and I really hope he has a breakout season.
He had 11 pressures. Really good in limited role

For comparison sake, i looked up how many QB pressures TREX had last year and Davenport last year and in 2019 and Cam Jordan in 20.

Trex 33, Davenport 17 in 20 and 26 in 19. Cam had 26 last year.

In a minute im going to compare that to say Aaron Donald.

Donald last year had 45 QB pressures. So its safe to say in a starting role he will get 30-35 QB pressures

It's fair to say that most D linemen still have some work to do technique wise after their first two seasons in the league. A lot of these guys come in with the physical tools but they need a few years of polish before they hit their stride. We saw it firsthand with Sheldon Rankins and David Onyemata. Both of those guys broke out in their third year. Trey Hendrickson started to blossom in his third season.

Speaking of Hendrickson, if you compare where Granderson is now to where Hendrickson was at the same point in his career, they are very similar. Here are their numbers through their first two seasons:

T Rex - 17 games, 2 Sacks, 21 tackles, 9 QB hits

Granderson - 23 games, 6 sacks, 25 tackles, 11 QB hits

And I have a lot of faith in Ryan Nielsen. He's been able to get a lot out his players. Hopefully the combination of Granderson and Davenport will help mitigate the loss of production at that end spot.
Well with Trey, I saw early on he was going to be a good pass rusher. He came out of college as an excellent pass rusher. First he was never given a chance because of where he was on the depth chart. Maybe they needed an all around DE who could stop the run and set the edge. He was smaller and it was a disadvantage. But early on I saw something. Oneymata was a drafted to play inside. He was raw and needed alot of work. But he was drafted. Key word there. With this guy, he was undrafted. Got suspended and took him a while. This is not to say Carl won't be good or great. But I have to keep expectation and excitement down until I see him in training camp. If he get expanded playing time, then he is developing.

I think he will have a breakout season the way Junior did.
I like him as a prospect a lot more than I did Trey (even though we are going to miss Trey a lot).

It's time to unleash him and let him get some more reps, if he can win the job during camp.
As long as he does not unleash a belt on beach goers like Junior lol!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom