Saints Granderson getting that work in 💪🏾 (1 Viewer)

Saints seem to always find edge rushers yet they barely ever have a consistent edge rushing DUO. Hopefully that changes this year.

He’s actually the up and comer I’m excited about next year. No one else on defense really is interesting me a whole lot to be honest. I’m more interested to see what he can do than the I wonder what bench Davenport will be sitting on this year

Ever since we came up on Granderson as an UDFA, i thought he’d ultimately become Trey H’s replacement. Then out of nowhere, T-Rex breaks off 13 sacks opposite Cam.

No diss to Davenport, but it seems like he should be on notice w/Granderson on the rise & the Tannoh signing. Signing Tannoh is the major tell to me, cause EDGE wouldnt/shouldnt have been that big of a need w/Davenport & his 1st RD investment on the roster. But hey...that’s another story.

Meanwhile it’s clear that Carl G. Has put his past issues to bed & is all about becoming a terror coming off the EDGE. Last year he had 5 sacks in limited duty as a rotational DL. W/more opportunities, that number could realistically jump into the double digits or at least come very close to that mark.

W/the loss of Trey H., Sheldon, Jack Rabbit & the LB situation being in flux, Carl G., King Tuttle, Malcolm Roach, Keith Washington & Chase Hansen are all UDFA defenders that seem to be on the cusp of vastly expanded roles. It’s gonna be interestingly exciting to see how these dudes preform, cause these guys all have beast potential. Granderson in particular, appears to be gunning for that psudo-starting EDGE role vacated by T-Rex. In my opinion, i think Carl G. is gonna pick up where T-Tex left off. I foresee two players logging double digit sacks for us next season in Cam & Carl G.

Well with Trey, I saw early on he was going to be a good pass rusher. But early on I saw something.

Oneymata was a drafted to play inside. He was raw and needed alot of work. But he was drafted. Key word there. With this guy, he was undrafted.

Have you not seen anything from Granderson? His numbers are basically identical to T Rex's through their first two years. Granderson will probably never have a season like T Rex just had but he's certainly shown us something so far.

And undrafted free agent, 6th round pick, or 1st pick in the draft. Three years into your career you can throw draft position out the window. It's no longer relevant. Once you've established yourself in the NFL it doesn't really matter how you got there. Undrafted Carl Granderson has already had much, much better career than Vernon Gholston who was drafted 6th overall.

Have you not seen anything from Granderson? His numbers are basically identical to T Rex's through their first two years. Granderson will probably never have a season like T Rex just had but he's certainly shown us something so far.

And undrafted free agent, 6th round pick, or 1st pick in the draft. Three years into your career you can throw draft position out the window. It's no longer relevant. Once you've established yourself in the NFL it doesn't really matter how you got there. Undrafted Carl Granderson has already had much, much better career than Vernon Gholston who was drafted 6th overall.
Man...We need to stop looking at numbers as the be all stats. I see raw and I see needed improvement. That's from my own eyes looking at him and Trey. This is not to say Granderson can't be that player or be better than Trey.

Man...We need to stop looking at numbers as the be all stats. I see raw and I see needed improvement. That's from my own eyes looking at him and Trey. This is not to say Granderson can't be that player or be better than Trey.

I don't consider stats to be the be all end all. Especially not when it comes to pass rushers. They impact the game in so many ways that don't show up on the stat sheet. That's not to say that stats have no value because they do, but I agree, they don't tell the whole story. In this case I was using them to compare two players at a specific point in their careers. To me the stats are in line with how I've perceived things.

It's all so subjective though. You've watched Granderson and he hasn't shown you much but he's shown me a lot. He had some of the most beautiful spin moves you'll ever seen last season.

I don't consider stats to be the be all end all. Especially not when it comes to pass rushers. They impact the game in so many ways that don't show up on the stat sheet. That's not to say that stats have no value because they do, but I agree, they don't tell the whole story. In this case I was using them to compare two players at a specific point in their careers. To me the stats are in line with how I've perceived things.

It's all so subjective though. You've watched Granderson and he hasn't shown you much but he's shown me a lot. He had some of the most beautiful spin moves you'll ever seen last season.
There is also this to consider into it , is that Granderson is a better run defender on the edge than Hendrickson. I believe Granderson is a better all around DE than Hendrickson at this point.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom