grandmother throws toddler off of five story tall walkway (1 Viewer)

Were there witnesses? The article doesn't state. All we know is the lady could have held the child high enough to see and dropped her. I know people see this all the time where parents put their kids near edges.

Really? The chair?

This is clearly a family tragedy. Why this loving grandmother would do this is something for the psychologists to try to figure out and she certainly will be institutionalized either in jail or in a hospital for the rest of her life. It is criminal what she did and an awful tragedy. But this isn't a capital case.

Capital punishment would never be applied to a case like this in the American system - regardless of the method of termination.

That is truly tragic. I can't even imagine what the mother and father of the child is going through. To think that your child died at the hands of an intentional act by your mother. If their is anybody I trust with my child, it's my mother and my wife's mother.

I'm sure as they start to investigate, they will find signs that the grandmother was disturbed and showing signs of a psychotic break down and that nobody around her ever acted on what they saw or encouraged her to get help. As often is the case, people don't take the signs they see in a persons mental state seriously enough until tragedy happens.

Terrible tragedy. The woman must be ill, it makes no sense.

What's the purpose of the electric chair? Does that somehow act as a deterrent to a person that's completely insane?

How you read this article and your first reaction is "we gotta kill that woman" I don't know. I sure wouldn't let my kid cross a bridge with someone who thinks like THAT, if you know what I mean.

What's the purpose of the electric chair? Does that somehow act as a deterrent to a person that's completely insane?

Deterrence is just one goal of capital punishment. Revenge and removal from society are two others. Just because she's crazy doesn't mean we need her sucking up our air any more than if she's evil.

Reached by phone Tuesday, Dela Rosa's family members declined to comment. Relatives of Angelyn's father in Falls Church also declined to comment by phone.

No one answered the door at Dela Rosa's home or at Angelyn's on Tuesday.

Really? On top of dealing with an unimaginable tragedy, this family is subjected harassment from mulitple media sources in an effort to gain comments for the story? What a self serving act, and I will completely dismiss any claims involving helping the family. This is simply reporters trying to scoop others for the juicy details of this story. Hey media, THIS is why so many Americans despise and distrust you.

This grandmother should've gotten the chair for doing this......However, things turned out differently...

nm_jackson_baby_050526_ssh.jpg

Deterrence is just one goal of capital punishment. Revenge and removal from society are two others. Just because she's crazy doesn't mean we need her sucking up our air any more than if she's evil.

Who exactly would want revenge in this case and how would that bring a resolution to anything? You're telling me that the mother of the child (who has already lost her daughter) also would want revenge on her mother (who is probably mentally ill) and want her killed by capitol punishment? How will that help console the mother of the child? Is it going to bring her child back to life. Will it make her feel justified and that the world is right by seeing her mother killed? Your logic makes no since at all in the case.

Also, if by your definition you're crazy and sucking up air, then why shouldn't we as a society just kill all crazy people? After all, they don't contribute anything to society. Of course, there have been societies that have advocated for such things..... but it's been universally rejected as inhumane. Maybe we as a society should just rewind a few centuries when things like this were handled on the spot and everything was just peachy.. :jpshakehead:

Really? On top of dealing with an unimaginable tragedy, this family is subjected harassment from mulitple media sources in an effort to gain comments for the story? What a self serving act, and I will completely dismiss any claims involving helping the family. This is simply reporters trying to scoop others for the juicy details of this story. Hey media, THIS is why so many Americans despise and distrust you.

The only people in this situation who should be considered for "getting the chair" are these leeches on society. They are the ones I resent for "sucking up our air" as Jonesy put it.

This happened about 2 miles from where I work. Awful story

Definitely sounds like a mental illness and just snapped. I'm wondering if the daughter/granddaughter moving into the house with the other grandparents contributed to it, though - like it was bothering her in the back of her mind and had a lot of resentment towards the daughter. And since she was battling depression, I wonder if she was on any meds for it. Sometimes the meds are worse than the disease.

I've never understood the point of these "outrage" stories by the media and subsequent message board threads. Maybe I'm different and callous, but I rarely get outraged with anything that doesn't directly affect me personally.

Don't blame the media for this. We created the media. It exists to serve society's perverted interests. You think they would push stories like this if it wasn't what the public wants? Ratings tell the story. That evil media. They're just giving all of us what we want. Don't feed the beast then complain when it bites your hand.

Don't blame the media for this. We created the media. It exists to serve society's perverted interests. You think they would push stories like this if it wasn't what the public wants? Ratings tell the story. That evil media. They're just giving all of us what we want. Don't feed the beast then complain when it bites your hand.

So far in this thread, you're okay with media knocking on the parents' door, okay with frying a mentally-ill grandmother, and justifying capital punishment as a method of revenge.

Fun.

EDIT: I forgot extermination of crazy people in general. Somehow I missed that one. My apologies.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom