Grandpa went to be with Grandma today. (1 Viewer)

Rickboy

Nom Nom Nom Nom.. me hungry for a SuperBowl
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
As ya'll know, my Grandma left us a couple of weeks ago. (Night after Valentines Day) My Grandpa was getting better but last Sunday he slipped into a coma. I hauled butt to Louisiana on Monday morning and was able to be with him until his passing this afternoon. I just got back home an hour ago and will be heading back on Thursday for the funeral.

Albert Carpenter Truitt Jr. was 88 years old. He has four daughters, three sons, and a ton of Grandchildren and Great Grandchildren. He basically raised my and my brothers in the absence of our father. He taught me about woodworking and just about everything important in life. He also got me interested in serving in the Military. He was a 1st Lt in the Army during WWII and served under TRADOC to train new enlisted infantry at Camp Roberts, CA.

He was a Shriner and Mason. He was one of those guys that felt that belonging to those organizations meant you served your fellow humans. To that end he was constantly working to organize Shriner Circus' in Louisiana for Shriners Hospital. He spend countless hours working with the Gideons and even the Louisiana Baptist Children's Home. He was also a very active member of First Baptist Church in West Monroe. He was a member of the Choir, a Deacon, and Sunday School Teacher.

I could write a novel about this man but I think it suffices to say that I hope I am at least half the man he is. He was my best friend.

2328390810_d25f167207.jpg

What a wonderful tribute to your grandfather. You have my deepest condolences, and you and your family are in my prayers. He sounds like he was a wonderful man, and will be missed.

Sorry for your loss. Condolances for you and your family along with my thoughts and prayers

So Sorry Rick.. My Condolences... That was an outstanding post that you made on his behalf... It made me enjoy and respect the man...

Joe

I find that very romantic. My great grandparents were married for 60 years and passed withing months, and I think such situations are both an ultimate tribute and mercy for the lifes they led together. Marraiges of that length know self sacrificial, true love, and I am extremely happy for them. Diamond Rio has a great song on their greatest hits volume two cd. The gist of it is that God doesn't cry for those who have come home, but instead cries for the living. I hope you take comfort in the testament of love and example they have set for your family.

Sorry to hear about the loss of your grandpa Rick.

My heart goes out to you. It's a moment that hard to deal with. God be with you.

Sorry to hear about your losses (I missed the thread about your grandma). Will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom