Grant & Smith on their big days (1 Viewer)

kfran

TwoDat! Let's Do It Again
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Defensive ends Grant, Smith have big days

By Brent St. Germain
Sports Editor

...“It feels great to be out there,” Smith said. “Like me and Charles said all along, we're happy with the decision. We're happy to be able to be here to support our team and make plays for them like they expect us to. I'm happy to be here and able to contribute for the team.”

Grant said he is excited to have the opportunity to play and is thriving in Williams' scheme that allows defensive lineman to pressure the quarterback.

“Defensive ends are able to make more plays than we used to, and we get to rush the quarterback more than we used to,” Grant said. “We've been stressing to beat your man one-on-one, and that's what we're trying to do. We did what we had to do (on Sunday) to win this game.”...
Link...
http://www.houmatoday.com/article/2...tle=Defensive-ends-Grant-Smith-have-big-days-

I think the days that Smith & Grant had were overshadowed by Sharper. Kudos to these two guys for finally pulling their weight.

I have always felt that these are two guys that, once you get them rolling, they are hard to stop. When they play poorly, and the crowds and the forums get down on them, it seems like they fall deeper into mediocrity. But when they start making plays, even if it's just one, they seem to feed off of the positivity they get from the crowd.

I can't think of ANYBODY that wants to see these two guys succeed more than the fans.. and I've always gotten the impression that they REALLY want to return the favor, but injuries and inconsistency have stopped them from doing that. Now that they both look healthy, and the defense as a whole has this new attitude, I think Grant and Smith are excited to get out on the field and make plays.

I ran into Grant at Walgreens in Kenner yesterday. I forgot just how big he is. Was a friendly guy.

I think the days that Smith & Grant had were overshadowed by Sharper. Kudos to these two guys for finally pulling their weight.

And that's both figuratively and literally :hihi:. I give them their props, as they've deserved it for the past 2 weeks. I hope they keep it up :9:!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom