Grantham interview goes great. (1 Viewer)

What are the credentials Grantham has? I must say, I don't know nothing about him.

Coached DL under Phillips with Cowboys. DC under Crennell with Browns. Also under Mora with Colts.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Dang man! Payton's keeps setting up all these smoke screens. I can't tell how this is going to end.

So he's not the young and up an coming Defensive Coach several people are calling for! I for one will be happy with whoever Sean decides on!!

I think he's in his mid 40s. I'd rather have someone proven than an "up and comer". Realistically, we have about a 3 year window with Brees in his prime. I'd rather not waste any time trying to figure out if someone could eventually become a good DC. I don't really know if Grantham satisfies that or not. I'll just trust that Payton is making the correct decision.

I really don't know if it'd be a good idea to bring Ryan in as a position coach. I think he's extremely cocky and wouldn't take that job for one. And if he did, it may be problematic with him being "below" someone on the defensive coaching staff. When he got fired, he said something like "Oh I'll be out of work for like 5 minutes."

I still wish we knew who the 3rd candidate that Payton wants to interview

I really don't know if it'd be a good idea to bring Ryan in as a position coach. I think he's extremely cocky and wouldn't take that job for one. And if he did, it may be problematic with him being "below" someone on the defensive coaching staff. When he got fired, he said something like "Oh I'll be out of work for like 5 minutes."

He doesnt have much of a choice other than sitting home. Unless he doubles back to the rams there are no other DC openings available.

I think he's in his mid 40s. I'd rather have someone proven than an "up and comer". Realistically, we have about a 3 year window with Brees in his prime. I'd rather not waste any time trying to figure out if someone could eventually become a good DC. I don't really know if Grantham satisfies that or not. I'll just trust that Payton is making the correct decision.

Yeah...it worked out horribly when we hired that OC from Dallas who had no previous head coaching experience....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom