Grantham tidbit this morning.. (1 Viewer)

I'm still hoping that the 49ers blocked Donatell because he's considered the heir apparent there, but may have allowed us to interview Tomsula.

I'm still hoping that the 49ers blocked Donatell because he's considered the heir apparent there, but may have allowed us to interview Tomsula.

Ya, Tomsula has become my favorite prospective d-coordinator. Ultimately, I think Payton would prefer to go with a NFL experienced coach. I don't think he would hire a guy without it.

I doubt Jim Harbaugh would even allow his water boy to interview elsewhere.

i guess it's normal, but calling crennel about this sounds like "hey, you don't want to hook up, right? is your daughter available?"

I wish there was a better candidate in the running. I just do not like Ryan. He has never done anything as a DC and he does not know when to shut up. I do not think we need another GW personality with even loser lips.

I completly agree, its sad, and yet ignorant we cant talk to other candidates.

The Saints let other teams interview our guys?

Utterly DUMB! :rant:

I think Glazer was right when he said...the job is Ryan's, absent of some crazy stuff......

If Sean Payton's main concern is stopping the run, then Rob Ryan should be his choice....Grantham's Bulldogs had a very hard time stopping the run last season....

I'm thinking the Grantham interview was more of a brain-picking session (I'm sure they watched a lot of zone read film) along with a contract leverage play for Ryan's negotiations.

I'm thinking the Grantham interview was more of a brain-picking session (I'm sure they watched a lot of zone read film) along with a contract leverage play for Ryan's negotiations.

Im starting to get that feeling as well.

Im also starting to think the 3rd guy doesn't exist and its just a leverage tactic.

Payton was quoted as saying "3" candidates would be interviewd then he switched it to "3-4" shortly after.

The more I hear about Grantham the more I'd rather Ryan. Besides a 'knowledge' (don't know if he can stop it) of the pistol and read option, I don't know what else Grantham would give us.

I'm with you on that. With Ryan, he has been in the spotlight the past 4 seasons, so at least we know what we are getting. Plus the players love to play for him. (which cannot be understated)

I do wonder why Butler has not been mentioned in the interview dates. Is he the mystery candidate?

I think Glazer was right when he said...the job is Ryan's, absent of some crazy stuff......

If Sean Payton's main concern is stopping the run, then Rob Ryan should be his choice....Grantham's Bulldogs had a very hard time stopping the run last season....

well, Ryan's defenses haven't been that good .vs the run except for one year.

League Index - m.pfref.com

Rank .vs the run

2004 Oak 22
2005 Oak 25
2006 Oak 25
2007 Oak 26
2008 Oak 31
2009 Cle 28
2010 Cle 27
2011 Dal 7
2012 Dal 22

Not exactly the iron curtain against the run.

well, Ryan's defenses haven't been that good .vs the run except for one year.

League Index - m.pfref.com

Rank .vs the run

2004 Oak 22
2005 Oak 25
2006 Oak 25
2007 Oak 26
2008 Oak 31
2009 Cle 28
2010 Cle 27
2011 Dal 7
2012 Dal 22

Not exactly the iron curtain against the run.

Ill say this...maybe that 7th ranked is what he can do with some decent talent along the line. Id like to think that our Front 3 as of right now would be better than Dallas' front 3. We may not have the OLB talent that Dallas had but perhaps Ryan can come in and make something shake with our talent.

We are better than what he has had in oakland/cleveland definitely.

It all starts up front and i think we are pretty solid up there so far. Our LB's/Secondary are our biggest concerns

yeah, but UGA was aweful against cam, not great against mississippi state or florida during the time that Tebow was there.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom