Grantham withdraws name from Saints-MERGED (1 Viewer)

This is the second best news since Payton has been back. I guess Grantham decided failing 8 seasons in the NFL was enough.

Lol we got played.

Yeah, no we didn't. More than likely Grantham is saving face after Payton told him that we were going in a different direction.

*** Grantham withdraws name from consideration for Saints job

Statement from*Todd Grantham*through UGA Sports Communications ..."I want to thank Sean Payton and the New Orleans Saints organization for the opportunity to interview and get to know them. They are a first class organization in every respect. As I said Wednesday, Georgia is a great place, my family loves it here, and I do as well. This is where our heart is and today I have withdrawn my name from consideration for the position with the Saints. I'm excited to start preparations for another season and along with the rest of our defensive staff look forward to coaching some really good returning players as well as developing some very talented newcomers."

Translation:
"Sean Payton took a good look at what I have actually done, and then spoke to Romeo Crennel and Crennel told him how much of a backstabber I am and how I never met an in-game adjustment I liked... Sean had the courtesy to allow me to save face by "withdrawing" *wink wink* my name from consideration".

If they have to hire Ryan, I hope his contract stipulates a muzzle. That guy spent way too much time in the press the last couple of seasons and talking a lot of crap. You don't coach football by grabbing headlines, reminds me too much of Ditka, not to mention his own brother and his father.

*** Grantham withdraws name from consideration for Saints job

Statement from*Todd Grantham*through UGA Sports Communications ..."I want to thank Sean Payton and the New Orleans Saints organization for the opportunity to interview and get to know them. They are a first class organization in every respect. As I said Wednesday, Georgia is a great place, my family loves it here, and I do as well. This is where our heart is and today I have withdrawn my name from consideration for the position with the Saints. I'm excited to start preparations for another season and along with the rest of our defensive staff look forward to coaching some really good returning players as well as developing some very talented newcomers."

Means his wife did not want to move the flooded streets of NOLA

Very good. He said all the right things. Mentioned family and happy where they were. Guessing he has a wife and kids and she prefers a small town over a big city. Speculation on my part but if it were me and I had a chance to have a big salary and live in NO I would be in NO in a second.

If they have to hire Ryan, I hope his contract stipulates a muzzle. That guy spent way too much time in the press the last couple of seasons and talking a lot of crap. You don't coach football by grabbing headlines, reminds me too much of Ditka, not to mention his own brother and his father.

The headlines are a bit misleading. The only reason why there were any headlines about Ryan was because he was coaching in Dallas. As for him talking a lot of crap, yeah, he may talk a lot of crap, but nothing out of the ordinary; his statements are made bigger than they really are because of who his dad and brother are.

There is one voice in the organization from a coaching perspective...Sean Payton. Remember he wouldn't let GW talk to the press until the following Thursday before the next game. I suppose it will be similar. It's probably one of the things that got Williams all fired up about working for SP, he couldn't flap his jaws.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom