Graphics server went live tonight... Any problems? (1 Viewer)

Andrus

Owner/Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
About three hours ago I once again linked most of the images here to a second, albeit smaller dedicated server to relieve some of the pressure on the main server. As most of you have surely noticed of late, this one takes a beating during traffic spikes due to resource pressure and connectivity, so back to the two server setup we went..

Are any of you seeing red x's? If so, make sure that http://67.18.147.99 is trusted by whatever security that you might be running.

Thanks for your patience! I know that it has been hit and miss of late, and I hate waiting on pages and getting error messages as much as anyone, believe me.

Andrus

No problems here; it was hard to get on the other night when free agency started (which meant I got to bed on time for a change, LOL), but it's been okay for me since then. Does this second server for images mean that avatars, etc. don't need to be turned off during busy times, or will that still ease the strain during those high-volume times?

No red x's here so far; I'll keep the address handy if I need to add it to the safe list.

Thanks for all the work you do, Andrus...it's appreciated more than you can imagine!

I already PM'd a Mod about this (just a little while ago, haven't heard back yet), and not sure if this is related-- but I don't seem to be able to add or edit my signature or sig pic??

Havent noticed any problems since that first crush, and I have lived off of this site since free agency started. Didnt know we need to turn off avatars during busy times and I will figure out how to do that before the draft, sorry. Thanks for all the great work Andrus

The only time I see a :redx: is when TPS posts. Doing a great job A.

I already PM'd a Mod about this (just a little while ago, haven't heard back yet), and not sure if this is related-- but I don't seem to be able to add or edit my signature or sig pic??
That's what happens right before you get banned. :hihi:

No problems here; it was hard to get on the other night when free agency started (which meant I got to bed on time for a change, LOL), but it's been okay for me since then. Does this second server for images mean that avatars, etc. don't need to be turned off during busy times, or will that still ease the strain during those high-volume times?

No red x's here so far; I'll keep the address handy if I need to add it to the safe list.

Thanks for all the work you do, Andrus...it's appreciated more than you can imagine!

Ah! One problem that I have had is that I can't figure out how to have the avatar and smiley features integrate to another server. Everything else, no problem.

Still, I don't remember needing to turn off avatars when we had two servers running during the season... though some admins would turn them off before the games as a precautionary, or prolly more out of habit than anything else. :D

I guess we'll see when the next traffic spike hits.

The feature probably hasn't been turned back on. I'll check it.

Yup! Sigs were still toggled off. Turned them back on... obviously. :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom