Gravity (1 Viewer)

In a black hole. If you could have a clock that was not affected by the gravitational tides, a clock would not tick. Black holes have an infinate amount of gravity. Time is also affected by how fast an object is moving. This is called time dialation. If you go the speed of light, the observer expirences a longer time then the person who is traveling at the speed of light.

........why...

So if a person is traveling in a car at the speed of light,and turns his headlights on...what would happen?

There is no gravity, the earth just sucks.

is the earth actually 'round' ? I thought the side facing the moon tended to bulge out a bit ?

So if a person is traveling in a car at the speed of light,and turns his headlights on...what would happen?

Light continues at it's normal speed relative to and within the frame of reference, the car. The outside observer would never "see" the lights come on, but the person inside the car would. If the outside observer is travelling at the same velocity as the car then he is within the frame of reference and sees the lights.

Example,

The earth has an orbital velocity of roughly 50 kilometers per second, yet we still hear sound which travels much slower than that.

It's all about inertial reference frames.

What if a car is traveling at the speed of sound and then honked its horn?

The car would pass you by and then a few seconds later you would hear the honk with the car barely still in sight....hmmm...

Doesn't Gravity change as our planet dies? Obviousely this is so minute that is hard to calculate but the core of the earth is burning out.

Doesn't Gravity change as our planet dies? Obviousely this is so minute that is hard to calculate but the core of the earth is burning out.

False! after extensive study...the core of the earth is fine.

What if a car is traveling at the speed of sound and then honked its horn?

The car would pass you by and then a few seconds later you would hear the honk with the car barely still in sight....hmmm...

Same thing as a jet plane passing by you flying faster than the speed of sound. You can experience this at any air show.

From doing my own research it appears as if Gravity decreases with great altitude and is at its peak closest to the equater.

I got that from this link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth's_gravity

Another thing I wonder about gravity is this, If you drill a 3 foot wide hole straight through the earth and then dropped a ball in the hole, would it wind up at the other side? Or settle in the middle.

Or if you dropped the ball from a very low atlitude and the other side of the earth is a mountain, I wonder if when you drop the ball through it hole it would come right back at you in a few days, since we learned the lower atlitude you are the higher the gravitational pull.

In a vaccuum the ball would reach an equidistant point on the other side of the earth...but due to air resistance in the real world, the ball would not go far past the center then occilate back and forth until it settled in the center.

sound - doppler effect

light - red shift blue shift

relativity - ha! read up on the unified field theory that turns your brain to oatmeal.

What aggravates me is why is light our unit of measure. People say you cannot go faster than light. i think it is like the sound barrier. people thought we would never break that either. I believe we set these standards around things we can see or hear. Sound and light are examples we can comprehend but particles in an atom go faster than light so there. Anyone who knows physics please correct me i don't know if that is exactly correct. I however get mad that light is the end of the road in speed.

We just need guild navigators to fold space.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom