Grease (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I went to a Cher concert year and a half ago. It was just like a musical. She wears a different wig for like each song. I got to admit I enjoyed it. It was her final tour supposedly.

St. Widge

Socially Distant
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Leonard is a genius. That's for sure. After he retired from Sha Na Na, The FBI asked him to help solve crimes using his skills in forensic linguistics. He's up there in the level of highest Iq's

How many bands have members with PHD's ? Sha Na Na has two. That's incredible when you think about it .

Bad Religion (Greg Gaffin - Ph.d. in Zoology and publishes books on Evolutionary Biology), , and The Descendents (Milo Auckerman - Ph.d. in Molecular Genetics. He was a researcher for DuPont before he went back to punk rock.) I think either Gaffin or Milo (possibly both) still teach evolutionary biology at UCLA.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Oh, lawd.
Oh, lawd.

It's possible.

Carried out on a stretcher is more likely, then sudden death. Looked it up, it's very low. Skiing out of bounds, or in the back country, is far more dangerous. It's about 1 in a million chances of dying at resort.

I think fowl play is far more plausible, but this might make a good idea for a new thread.

Madmarsha

I default to sarcasm
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Leonard is a genius. That's for sure. After he retired from Sha Na Na, The FBI asked him to help solve crimes using his skills in forensic linguistics. He's up there in the level of highest Iq's

How many bands have members with PHD's ? Sha Na Na has two. That's incredible when you think about it .

It is. Brian May from Queen is an astrophysicist.

Last edited:

boutrous

the only way I know how
Reaction score
I've seen my fair share of musicals, including the stage version of Grease, and to me Wicked is the best one I've seen.

Hamilton was also great. I really enjoyed Once, too (which was a movie turned musical).

I've seen a lot of good shows and a lot of bad shows, but those 3 are the ones that left a lasting impression on me.

I do think that the Grease movie does a better job at establishing Sandy and Danny's relationship and why they like each other. In the play, I think some of that is lost. It's a really good movie version of a musical. I also agree that Danny is the one who grows and changes. All Sandy changes is her clothes.

The pro-shot of Hamilton that was on Disney+ is nothing short of spectacular, but to be fair, it's not a movie version.

But my favorite musical turned movie was Hairspray. That movie version is really good. And it's actually a movie, turned musical, turned musical movie.... if that makes sense.

Last edited:

Madmarsha

I default to sarcasm
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
It's possible.

Carried out on a stretcher is more likely, then sudden death. Looked it up, it's very low. Skiing out of bounds, or in the back country, is far more dangerous. It's about 1 in a million chances of dying at resort.

I think fowl play is far more plausible, but this might make a good idea for a new thread.
For some reason, I just pictured the scene from The Other Side of the Mountain in which they make it look like Jill Kinmont literally flew off a cliff. One of the first tearjerker movies I ever saw. After the hoopla of the movies about her life, you never heard much about her. She died in 2012. Amazing woman.

Reaction score
For some reason, I just pictured the scene from The Other Side of the Mountain in which they make it look like Jill Kinmont literally flew off a cliff. One of the first tearjerker movies I ever saw. After the hoopla of the movies about her life, you never heard much about her. She died in 2012. Amazing woman.

Yeah, wikipedia sort of causes some doubt of cause of death. Never heard of her. Was the movie good?

saintmdterps

If we give ya the boogie, can ya handle it?
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score

Brian May has a PhD in Astrophysics. Tom Scholz of Boston has a masters in musical engineering from MIT. Some of these folks are incredibly gifted with both intelligence and musical talent. I'm envious, it took me 8 years to get a BA in Psychology :hihi:

Madmarsha

I default to sarcasm
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, wikipedia sort of causes some doubt of cause of death. Never heard of her. Was the movie good?
I thought it was but it's probably a certified "chick flick" because they wrapped it all up in a love story. Haven't seen it in years. Not sure if my tears will still be jerked. Now it would probably make me wonder if modern medicine could have helped her more. Maybe not. A broken spinal cord is a broken spinal cord. She appeared on the cover of Sports Illustrated the same week of her accident in 1955. The first curse?!??!!

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
It's possible.

Like he hit a goose or something?

OP

David Robbins

Ole Miss Rocks!
Reaction score
What about grease 2. This is Michelle Pfeiffer's first movie. It was nowhere near as good as grease, but it had some good moments.

Reaction score
I thought it was but it's probably a certified "chick flick" because they wrapped it all up in a love story. Haven't seen it in years. Not sure if my tears will still be jerked. Now it would probably make me wonder if modern medicine could have helped her more. Maybe not. A broken spinal cord is a broken spinal cord. She appeared on the cover of Sports Illustrated the same week of her accident in 1955. The first curse?!??!!

Yikes! Is there a Sports Illustrated curse?

So, found a list of musicals, many weren't mentioned in the thread.

Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory deserve mentioning.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom