Grease (2 Viewers)

David Robbins

Ole Miss Rocks!
Reaction score
this is probably the greatest musical I have ever seen. Olivia was at the top of her game back then. But let's explore this. What was the best song in that movie. We all know hopelessly devoted. And summer loving. But what about there are worst things I could do. Or frankie avalon with his angel bit. This was probably the greatest musical of all time. I had such a huge crush on olivia back then. But that movie was one of the greatest of all time. Stockard channing did a song called there are worst things I could do. Oh my God that was such a great movie. What was your favorite song in that movie if you saw it.

Forgot. I have to say this. I come from a long line of professional mucianes. My uncle was a professional bass player in Tennessee. My dad was a professional guitarist. I played 7 instruments. I love music. I never liked American idol until caleb johnson. That guy was a great singer. If you go to YouTube and watch caleb and the judges, you will know what rock Really means. Jlow is a pop singer yet you can see her getting into the music. Harry connick was the only exception. I love to go to YouTube and watch caleb. He did songs like still of the night, working man, dazed and confused, faithfully, and he sang with kiss. That is the only season I ever watched. Caleb was so great. If you go back and watch those videos you will be amazed. What do yall think

also you can see Steven Tyler performing dream on by himself. Dream on is probably the greatest song ever recorded. Even over the best bands of all time. I love certain songs like momma I'm coming home, goodbye to romance, long train running suite madame blue, and I could go on and on. I played so much music on all the instruments I used to play until I came down with my skin condition. I can't play anymore. I hate that. But I know music. One of the greatest songs i can think of, especially in a movie is brother loves traveling salvation show....especially from the movie lost and found with david spade and Sophie Marseu. (Sp) that is one of the funniest movies I have ever seen. That bit with brother loves traveling salvation show blew it all away.

Finally, a David Robbins post i can get on board with... Not only is Grease the greatest musical ever filmed, it is also a Top Ten[tm] movie of all time... In addition, it is the first movie that yours truly ever saw in a movie theater.. i remember it like it was last month ; I couldn’t tell you a thing that happened on the screen, but i can remember the energy it had, and I remember walking out of the movie theater so happy and euphoric, becuase of what I’d just seen... the movie has a kind of magic to it.

But the question you’re all wondering is: IS IT A CHICK FLICK ?? The answer is: Only if you consider all musicals, by definition, chick flicks... I think the answer is No, but it really hinges on that question..... Also, sorry DR- but Worse Things I Could Do is probably my least favorite song in the whole film.. pretty much all the rest of them are great though.

Incidentally, i too always thought that Olivia was the bee’s knees... So ive always been partial to Hopelessly.. but of course Summer Nights is great as well, my other favorite is One That I Want... heck, even Beauty School Dropout has grown on me over the years, though i think overall it, along with Worse Things and Sandra Dee are probably the weakest songs in the film.

Always liked the, Look at me, I'm Sandra Dee song. I'm not arguing what movie is the best musical, because I don't care. With that said, I like the Sound of Music song, So long, Farewell.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom