Great 8 Days Loomis! (1 Viewer)

tumblr_mftfovhpS01rc22uzo1_500.gif

LoomisApproves.gif

From what I understand from listening to a guy in Seatle is that their scheme is totally different than ours and he was a little late picking it up. He started to pick things up better around the 3rd preseason game but it was too little to late.

Had he signed in April or May he would have been their starter. Just going off what I heard from some Seatle pundits.

Germain Ifedi suffers ankle injury in practice

Germain Ifedi suffers ankle injury in practice | ProFootballTalk

From what I understand from listening to a guy in Seatle is that their scheme is totally different than ours and he was a little late picking it up. He started to pick things up better around the 3rd preseason game but it was too little to late.

Had he signed in April or May he would have been their starter. Just going off what I heard from some Seatle pundits.

I wasn't aware of that. Thanks for the information.

I can understand that Evans played hurt his last couple of years with the team. Although he likely has declined due to age and injuries, I could see how, if healthy, he may be better than when he last played with us. What gives me pause and concern is that if there is a team with more concerns with their line it is Seattle. They cut him. If he is healthy and anywhere near his probowl form, wouldn't they have kept him?

I can see how people believe that he can not be worse than Lelito and they are probably right. I'm willing to wait and see how he does before completely cringing about the signing; however I would be lying if I didn't say I'm still very apprehensive about the RG position.

They tried him at LG and learned he's not as good there as they were hoping.

I doubt we will be too happy with Evans for the entire season.
He was terrible last year.

That we called him in his last shows how inept the FO has been
In addressing this position of need.

Evans can still splay when healthy, problem is he hasn't been. The saints wanted to cut his pay because he was getting paid all pro money for a job that was about average. Evans decided he would be cut. He eventually signed late with Seattle. He was cut there. The saints meanwhile knew they had Peat, and had Lelito and Kelemente that both started last year, probably figuring that they had 3 quality guys for 2 positions, therefore, not a huge need.

Jump forward to camp, and neither Lelito nor Kelemente really stepped up and took the job. Peat has one down, and I'm guessing will end up doing a great job when all is said and done, even though, I know he came in out of shape last year and had some issues this year jumping around to every position other than guard.

So, Evans came available and the Saints picked him up, if for no other reason than he can be a great backup if not decent starter. So, what's the freak out for? Seems pretty simple to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Signing a guy that went to the pro bowl 6 times does not mean you picked up a pro bowl caliber guard.

Last year he was about even with Lelito. Lelito is moving into his prime, you have you assume he got marginally better. Evans is on the wrong side of age and injuries, so you have to assume he's worse than last year.

It's likely the move improved the back-up situation, but the starting situation is exactly the same as it was yesterday before he resigned.

I don't think anyone would complain if they saw Evans starting over what we would have on Sunday. Kinda like sitting on a chair instead of a couch sorta thing. Drew can be sitting on a lazy boy by seasons end for all we know.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom