Great article by Pat Kirwan on Bush (1 Viewer)

I agree, nice article. I hope Reggie is fully healthy and can get into the flow of the game Thur.
Happy Thanksgiving to all.
MB

I heard PK talking about this article today on Moving the Chains. I knew Reggie opened things up for others, but this made me understand it more. I also enjoy Reggie's play so much more since late last year when he decided to give all his effort and finish plays.

absolutely great article and love the video clips to put it in view.

I said in another thread that teams gameplan on past 4 games and that Reggie being out since week 2 was gonna cause problems for them. Specifically, for the Cowboys in a very short week. It also means that they will be forced to adjust and that will leave open recievers based on the Defense they employ. Drew's ability to recognize the defensive scheme pre-snap and immediately after the snap is why we are so deadly passing the ball when Reggie is in the game.

teams really must " pick thier poision" in regards to defending us with a healthy Reggie.

Very good article. I wish there were more articles dedicated to X's and O's.

I always enjoy watching that TD run by Bush, it really shows how fast he is. After that sick re-direct that breaks two defender's ankles, he turns on the burners. Just seems like everyone else is moving in slow motion compared to him. Can't wait to have him back.

I loved this.

I was thinking about the 5 receiver look the Saints gave the Seahawks, I think on 3 or 4 plays Sunday, one of which was a TD, I think Colston's 2nd.

On Sunday, 5 receivers went out into the pattern, with Brees looking downfield from the snap. It makes it a race between the pass rush and the receivers getting open against the DB, since there's an empty backfield and Brees is not a grade A running threat.

You can try to keep the defense honest by running an end around (as the Saints did early) once in a while, but it doesn't work as well as it does when the Saints go to the 5 receiver look with Bush /and/ constantly show Bush in reverse action /and/ occasionally actually run/pass to Bush off that action

Bush being back means that Brees has 3 options depending on what the defense does immediately after the snap. If the defense commits to stop Bush, one of the 4 receivers in the pattern should be open. If the defense does not, there's the possibility of a quick handoff to Bush. If the receivers aren't immediately open, and/or some of the front 7 drop into pass coverage, there's the possibility later in the play of throwing it short to Bush and getting him space to work against a DE or LB.

Can't wait to see Bush back in action.

That is a great read for sure! I'm sure Reggie understands how important he is to this team, even if non-Saints fans dont, and am glad he hasn't worried about touches and yardage in his career. JUST WINS!! He's an amazing talent and next to Brees I feel he's the most important player on our offense. Please don't debate that.. HAHA!!

Great find. I was listening to Pat yesterday on Sirius and he basically said the same about Reggie. He got me all riled up for the game.

And any Reggie hater has to read this again and again:

Ask any defensive coach who has to play against him and they will tell you they respect him as a decoy and they lose sleep thinking about the matchup problems he causes in all of his different alignments.

I would think we (saints fans) knew this already. Excluding the haters of course. I tell my brother all the time they would rather anybody on the team beat them (opposing team) then let bush get a highlight reel play.

Very good article. I wish there were more articles dedicated to X's and O's.

I wish guys like Pat had there own tv shows

I really think Pat K, Ron Jaworski, and Mike Mayock should make their own show that explains in detail different matchups of the week. I used to love watching that show on ESPN with Jaws, and Hoge where they would break film down.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom