Great Article from our member NDCC (1 Viewer)

BLUE_DOG_MAN

KCCO
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Excellent article. I think it's time to add Paul Tagliabue to the Ring of Honor and/or Saints Hall of Fame. Without him, we wouldn't have had the magical seasons after Katrina. Let's do it soon. He's 78 years of age.

Great article indeed! Only thing I noticed was there was I think an accidental repeating of a section that may've forgotten to be removed after reorganizing some paragraphs?

This section was right under the S.O.S flier...

"Tom Benson moved forward to ensure the success of the Saints franchise in New Orleans. His first move, hiring Sean Payton as Head Coach, was a good one. The next move was signing Drew Brees as the Saints’ quarterback."

Then it's repeated right after the video, 'How the Saints stayed in New Orleans: Remembering Hurricane Katrina'.

"Tom Benson moved forward to ensure the success of the Saints franchise in New Orleans. His first move was a good one: Hiring Sean Payton as Head Coach. The next move was to support the signing of Drew Brees as the Saints’ quarterback."

Just figured to give you a heads up in case it was accidental but if it was by design then carry on and ignore me. :hihi:

Great article indeed! Only thing I noticed was there was I think an accidental repeating of a section that may've forgotten to be removed after reorganizing some paragraphs?

This section was right under the S.O.S flier...

"Tom Benson moved forward to ensure the success of the Saints franchise in New Orleans. His first move, hiring Sean Payton as Head Coach, was a good one. The next move was signing Drew Brees as the Saints’ quarterback."

Then it's repeated right after the video, 'How the Saints stayed in New Orleans: Remembering Hurricane Katrina'.

"Tom Benson moved forward to ensure the success of the Saints franchise in New Orleans. His first move was a good one: Hiring Sean Payton as Head Coach. The next move was to support the signing of Drew Brees as the Saints’ quarterback."

Just figured to give you a heads up in case it was accidental but if it was by design then carry on and ignore me. :hihi:

Thanks, Alan.

I'll pass it on to our editor. Our Editor in Chief (Jacquie) has done a great job. She literally filters scores of articles each DAY at www.commdiginews.com ...which a nationally syndicated blog (and a subsidiary of the Washington Times).

The articles that are actually published don't reflect the ones that get tossed into the circular file.

For the record, she told me that this article about the Saints was (in her terms) a "hard & difficult edit." Not because it was garbage, but because it had a lot of information that needed to be reformatted into a logical and coherent sequence. I certainly don't envy her job! But I greatly appreciate what she does.

If you like the article, please make comments at the end and/or repost via social media.

This story needs to be more than a footnote. It is one that is unique to all sports franchises, anywhere on planet earth!

Who Dat!!!!!

:gosaints:

Last edited:
Thanks, Alan.

I'll pass it on to our editor. She has done a great job; filters scores of articles each DAY.

No problem! That’s kinda what I figured happened. When I’m typing something up, I’m usually moving sections and paragraphs around and I’ll copy/paste sections where I can see how it’ll look in a new spot and if I like it, I’ll leave it but sometimes will forget to go back and erase where it was originally. :hihi:

Really enjoyed the article though!

Excellent article. I think it's time to add Paul Tagliabue to the Ring of Honor and/or Saints Hall of Fame. Without him, we wouldn't have had the magical seasons after Katrina. Let's do it soon. He's 78 years of age.

Seconded.

I was a little late seeing this. Excellent read, Bill! :9:
Alex "Hammer 'n Nails is sorely missed in this community. Such an amazing fellow. Such an amazing group of members we have here at SR. :melike:

Excellent read, Bill. If you want to add the following pic to your article, I took it in 2005 in Baton Rouge before the Dolphins game. SR took the lead in getting that fly-over, but many outsiders contributed as well.

save our saints.jpg

Really enjoyed the article. Your Brother Martin education served you well. ;)

Last edited:
Excellent read, Bill. If you want to add the following pic to your article, I took it in 2005 in Baton Rouge before the Dolphins game. SR took the lead in getting that fly-over, but many outsiders contributed as well.

save our saints.jpg

Really enjoyed the article. Your Brother Martin education served you well. ;)

Every, repeat, EVERY person that considers themselves to be a true WhoDat... needs to know this story, and lasting legacy that was protected by a bunch of fans who dared to step out and fight for our beloved Black and Gold.

Great read. Thanks for taking the time NDCC.

I remember the radio ad campaign you headed up. I had the pleasure to host some your ads as well as you being a guest with Andrus and I on the weekly SaintsReport show on ESPN 1420 in Lafayette back then. I know many ads ran all over the Gulf South thanks to your efforts and fan contributions.

I remember the radio ad campaign you headed up. I had the pleasure to host some your ads as well as you being a guest with Andrus and I on the weekly SaintsReport show on ESPN 1420 in Lafayette back then. I know many ads ran all over the Gulf South thanks to your efforts and fan contributions.
The fan contributions were everything and your show helped raise quite a bit of money, I was just happy to be able to help. I spent a couple thousand of my own money, still some of the best dollars ever spent. Like I was telling Bill in that article, we'll never really know just how much those efforts helped if at all. However, I can't help to feel like we put so much pressure on Benson that it started boiling over when he pushed that cameraman and fan at Tiger Stadium and feel like that was the turning point. That was the moment when Benson became the bad guy in the eyes of public perception around the country and Tags had to step in. That push and Arnie Fielkow I think did more to keep the Saints here than anything else.

Could Be Benson was just playing poker with the hand that he was dealt and never actually intended to move the team. Could be the Benson children were pushing hard for San Antonio at the time. Could be Tags was never letting this team out of NOLA no matter what. I doubt we'll ever really know.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom