Great Article from our member NDCC (1 Viewer)

I was a little late seeing this. Excellent read, Bill! :9:
Alex "Hammer 'n Nails is sorely missed in this community. Such an amazing fellow. Such an amazing group of members we have here at SR. :melike:

RIP to him. He is indeed missed.
Was an awesome human being.

I was a little late seeing this. Excellent read, Bill! :9:
Alex "Hammer 'n Nails is sorely missed in this community. Such an amazing fellow. Such an amazing group of members we have here at SR. :melike:

What made Alex MORE AMAZING in my mind is that he lived in the Northeast (either PA or NJ). Yet, he dedicated himself to the cause, and encouraged many, many others to join in. What a guy! May we never let his legacy (and example) be forgotten!

:gosaints:

The fan contributions were everything and your show helped raise quite a bit of money, I was just happy to be able to help. I spent a couple thousand of my own money, still some of the best dollars ever spent. Like I was telling Bill in that article, we'll never really know just how much those efforts helped if at all. However, I can't help to feel like we put so much pressure on Benson that it started boiling over when he pushed that cameraman and fan at Tiger Stadium and feel like that was the turning point. That was the moment when Benson became the bad guy in the eyes of public perception around the country and Tags had to step in. That push and Arnie Fielkow I think did more to keep the Saints here than anything else.

Could Be Benson was just playing poker with the hand that he was dealt and never actually intended to move the team. Could be the Benson children were pushing hard for San Antonio at the time. Could be Tags was never letting this team out of NOLA no matter what. I doubt we'll ever really know.

The way our fans are reacting to the travesty & disaster of RefGate just confirms that this fan base is a family! I don't know of any other sports franchise that would be raising HE-double hockey sticks over the issue as much as we are.

...and believe it or not, it's just getting started!

:gosaints:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom