Great Article on De'Vante Harris (1 Viewer)

Profootballfocus had Harris rated as one of the top CB's coming out of college last season. I was excited when we signed him. I know a lot of people don't believe in their grading process, but IMO they are pretty spot on more often than not.

One item of interest in the article was the mention of Brian Dixon on special teams. The release of Lewis might give Dixon a chance to stick.

I think a much bigger questions is....

How did he do covering Evans in practice, and Amari, Odell, Pharoah, etc in the games?

I'm excited hearing the pro football focus rankings.

Wonder why he didn't get drafted. Its no like he went to a small po-dunk college. Whatever the reason is... I'm glad we got him. And I'm hoping for big things from him and Crawley. And Pruitt.

Wonder why he didn't get drafted. Its no like he went to a small po-dunk college. Whatever the reason is... I'm glad we got him. And I'm hoping for big things from him and Crawley. And Pruitt.

A couple of the draft guides say part of his problem is that he was getting pushed around in press coverage. They were saying he would struggle with bigger NFL receivers. Tackling receivers and run support were also problem areas due to his size. Just keep watching him in the preseason and lets see how he develops. The good ones can overcome deficiencies...:9:

A couple of the draft guides say part of his problem is that he was getting pushed around in press coverage. They were saying he would struggle with bigger NFL receivers. Tackling receivers and run support were also problem areas due to his size. Just keep watching him in the preseason and lets see how he develops. The good ones can overcome deficiencies...:9:

Funny...when you think about the bias. How many times in the NFL have you seen bigger CBs get bodied in press coverage and can't tackle? Tackling and physicality is as much about attitude as it is size. Just ask Steve Smith.

Harris has attitude, he'll do fine and it was our gain getting him. There were whispers we would have drafted Vernon Hargreaves had he been there. Harris looks to have been a very good alternative.

Josh Katzenstein said:
Veteran Keenan Lewis has practiced just once so far in training camp due to a lingering knee injury, though he'll surely be on the roster with his 2016 salary fully guaranteed.
Whoops.

Harris could fill the void that was created when we placed Kyle Wilson on IR. As long as we're not asking him to cover Julio Jones or Kelvin Benjammin, he can probably be a good contributor as a corner in a nickel or dime package at times.

We'll see more of him tonight, that's for sure.

What exactly happened to kyle wilson. I've been wondering where he was.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom