Great article on Strief (1 Viewer)

Another good article with some nice quotes from Payton on Strief:

"Winning always makes your performance look better than it probably was," Strief said. "There were a lot of firsts that day and fortunately I was able to give enough of an impression to get a chance to dress now. To be active and be involved in things and at least have them be comfortable putting me in at either tackle spot, it feels good to be able to contribute a little more now."

Payton was more complimentary of Strief.
http://news.cincypost.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061118/SPT03/611180398/1022/SPT

I think Strief will be our starting RT next year, Stinchcomb is really not as good as everyone says: I see him get beat often but we are using so many three-steps that the ball is often gone well before the DE or LBer is in position to make the sack. Other plays where Stinch is beat Brees simply steps up in the pocket to avoid the rush.

I'm not saying Stinch blows as a RT, but he fails to dominate. He is a free agent next year and I think the team lets him walk in favor of Zach Streif, a MONSTER who will dominate at the RT position...

I think Strief will be our starting RT next year, Stinchcomb is really not as good as everyone says: I see him get beat often but we are using so many three-steps that the ball is often gone well before the DE or LBer is in position to make the sack. Other plays where Stinch is beat Brees simply steps up in the pocket to avoid the rush.

I'm not saying Stinch blows as a RT, but he fails to dominate. He is a free agent next year and I think the team lets him walk in favor of Zach Streif, a MONSTER who will dominate at the RT position...

So are you suggesting that next year we don't use any 3 step drops and go with 5 or 7?? (3 seems to be working fine) Because is were using 3 step drops and he's not allowing any sacks then I guess HE's being pretty dominate at the position now.
Why let him go, sign him and keep the competitive aprroach that was used this year when it came to the O-Line. Make everyone earn the starting spot, Like Stinch has this year. Strief beats him out next year then fine, we then have a PROVEN starter behind him as the back up.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom