Great article - Saints are the new "alpha dogs" of the NFL (link) (1 Viewer)

neworleanshoo

hoodat
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I heard somebody in mutter "same ol saints" under his breath sometime near the end of the first half. I wanted to scream at him "WHAT TEAM HAVE YOU BEEN WATCHING ALL YEAR??"

How much fun is this season?

---

http://www.wwltv.com/topstories/stories/wwl102709tpforecasts.259ca6e7c.html

Forecast: For first time Saints an Alpha Dog in the NFL
Ralph Malbrough
Tuesday, October 27, 2009

MIAMI - You probably didn’t think about it while you watched the Saints turn a 24-3 deficit into a 46-34 win but you’ve actually seen the Saints play in many games like that through the years.

Of course, usually the Saints were playing the role of the Miami Dolphins...

When Darren Sharper returned an interception for a score to close the score to 24-17 one Miami fan next to me summed it up perfectly, “The Dolphins just ruined 29 minutes of perfect football in 90 seconds. We’re screwed.” Any Saints fan knows the sinking feeling he had...

Watching the fans file out the stadium with the look of people who absolutely weren’t surprised by the fact the Dolphins blew it but were emotional crushed anyway reminded me of why 2009 is so very special.

Every week Saint fans get to check off another thing off the football fan list of, “I wonder what that feels like?”

What its like to go into a stadium, come from behind, and show greatness and crush dreams is now checked off....

I'm certain that the stress of being a Saints fan since Day 1 has taken at least 5 years off my father's life... just one of the many reasons this season is so much fun. talk about a LONG time coming for the old-timers.

Dang, Sorry Justin...

alpha-dog-6.jpg

Great article! I'm going to keep an eye out for this guy's articles in the future.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom